No announcement yet.

some newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually played Don Quixote in a school play, I wonder if that left he scarred. More misadventures Sancho!

Comment

Originally posted by drdank
      In my day, we were on the phone for an hour downloading a GIF that might possibly have been a vagina in 4 color CGA and we LIKED IT.
      I remember one of the more popular bits of w4r3z at Atari copyfests (I mean, User Group meetings) being the page-flipped smurfsex animation. Four frames of some little blue critter doing a little blue female critter doggy-style. uNF!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        It was the best at the time, an Atari 800! (later replaced by the Epson QX-10).
        Heh. Not only are you appealing to my natural sense of Atari bigotry, but I've also got an Epson HX-20, portable relative of the QX-10. I like the fact that Epson still has the hx-20 documentation on-line.

Comment

old music

Originally posted by lil_freak
          Besides, I still use a typewriter at times, and I own a record player and the LP's to go with it. Oh, and old 45's too.
          I'm a little too young to have any LP's around, but I'm working on copying a bunch of my old cassettes to CD. (http://audacity.sourceforge.net)

I also still have my old C-64 and its disk drive in a box somewhere.
          Drake

Comment

Originally posted by Drake
            I'm a little too young to have any LP's around, but I'm working on copying a bunch of my old cassettes to CD. (http://audacity.sourceforge.net)

What about the 8-track?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake

Oh, my now I feel really old. How young is too young?

Originally posted by Highwizard
              What about the 8-track?
              8-track's make great costers. :D
              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

tan·gent : diverging from an original purpose or course : IRRELEVANT <tangent remarks>

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                  tan·gent : diverging from an original purpose or course : IRRELEVANT <tangent remarks>
                  Hello, pot? This is kettle. You're black!

Comment

Originally posted by leetoburrito
                    Hello, pot? This is kettle. You're black!
                    I think the proper term is Kettle-American.

Comment

Holidays for the KAs

Originally posted by astcell
                      I think the proper term is Kettle-American.

Don't Kettle-Americans celebrate Festivus?

Or was that just chamber-pot liberation day....I can never remember, I am so not PC.

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                        Tangents are the nature of the DC Forums... Just like in real life, when topics skip around during a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                          Tangents are the nature of the DC Forums... Just like in real life, when topics skip around during a conversation.
                          Don't remind us about real life, THIS is where it's at!

Comment

Originally posted by drdank
                            An intranet site at my company is accessible by telnet as well as http. Yesterday, I tried the telnet for shits and giggles and see a Wildcat BBS banner. Today, I see your nick.

The old BBS days are calling...
                            Yeah, I still got my old BBS up'n'running on telnet. An old Amiga 600. Problem is that not so many people like the old nice way to telnet into bbs:s anymore so the users is just around a couple a week :-/

Comment

word. props to the oldskool

Originally posted by KeLviN
                              a bit off topic, but i wanted to tell ATDT i liked the nick. there's alot around here that has no idea what that means (danm kids with their broadband...!)
                              oh heres some funs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

now whos got battery powered acoustic couplers? a Paleontologist? an early phreakasaurus?
                              If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

Originally posted by goathead
                                oh heres some funs http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

now whos got battery powered acoustic couplers? a Paleontologist? an early phreakasaurus?
                                WOW! I can't believe anybody still has that stuff! And expects anybody else to buy it! Well, the high (only!) bid at this point is for $10. I guess that tells me what my C64 is worth. I'd probably have to pay somebody to take it off my hands.
                                Drake

Comment

Working...
                                X