X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your picks?

Hi!
    An open question:
    What type of picks will you use in the contest?

I will only use a half hook, half diamond, snake and a rake.

//Ian

I think it's a matter of whatever works on the lock at (in) hand.

Last year for the speed contest, I primarily used a very thin snake, but I switched to a half diamond for the padlock in round 3.
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I think my favorite is the 1/4 diamond. With very light pressure on the wrench, it works well as a raking pick for locks that have grooved or mushroomed pins. I also tend to use it as a half hook for feeling separate pins. The kit I bought at the end of last year includes a pick I hadn't used before that seems to be a half hook combined with a 1/4 diamond. I didn't even notice it in my kit until last week, but I will be playing with it a lot here in the upcoming weeks.

Kai

Comment

My favorite pick is the spring steel riffle combined with the tension wrench.

Originally posted by Kai
        The kit I bought at the end of last year includes a pick I hadn't used before that seems to be a half hook combined with a 1/4 diamond. I didn't even notice it in my kit until last week, but I will be playing with it a lot here in the upcoming weeks.
        Maybe we should set aside an hour at the projects meeting for this. ;)
        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
          My favorite pick is the spring steel riffle combined with the tension wrench.

Maybe we should set aside an hour at the projects meeting for this. ;)
          Already did, I'll be playing while you and B3H finish the interface!

:D

Comment

:p You know if you would have let me code the interface using COBOL we could have been done by now and having fun playing around with the lockboards too.

/me goes back to coding

{

public:

A() { m_value = 0; }

int getValue() const; // A const function is read-only and can not modify member data
            void setValue( int n ); // A regular method has normal write access to all members
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Working...
            X