• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layer One follow up

Several hundred pictures from layer one exist here:

http://23b.org/gallery/fleas_layer_one
    http://23b.org/gallery/layer1_eecue

I had a great time, thanks to everybody for all the work they put into giving us a great place to see talks and to party with our friends. Here's to L1-2

good times

Originally posted by flea
    I had a great time, thanks to everybody for all the work they put into giving us a great place to see talks and to party with our friends. Here's to L1-2

good times
    here here.. bigger better faster and drunker next year.... and we might just remember to bring real videos with us for the window next year
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Big thanks to everyone who showed up. The event was officialy ruled 'a success'. In additon to the photos already linked here, the offical layerone site will be posting pics in the next week or so. If you have any reviews or comments just mail feedback {at} layerone {dot} info and we'll get back to you. Thanks again for making the event such a success.

http://layerone.info

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Considering LayerOne had fights at the pool, missing laptop and a fire alarm, it is well on track to making Defcon look like a Donnie and Marie concert!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          Considering LayerOne had fights at the pool, missing laptop and a fire alarm, it is well on track to making Defcon look like a Donnie and Marie concert!
          Eh?

Fights at the pool? What was this? Besides, the pool and the conference area are two entirely unrelated things. Conferences are generally hard to conduct underwater, so while we had considered the idea early on in the planning process we ultimately felt it better to conduct it somewhere where our attendees could breathe.

The missing laptop turned out to have been taken by... Its owner. He picked it up while the guy who was watching it for him wasn't looking. Laptop and owner are reunited and currently reconciling at a marriage retreat in the Catskills.

Fire alarms (there were two) - someone left paper on top of the electric boiler feeding the hotel's sauna, resulting in fire. Twice. Go figure, but it was other kids in this case.

But Defcon is like a Donnie and Marie concert, except that it's one of those Donnie and Marie concerts where everyone's horribly drunk and doing bad things with animals.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell

yup... good times...
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

because of L1 and the butterfly affect, i was tricked into a DC scavenger hunt team for this year...

damn that L1! damn it to heck!
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                The missing laptop turned out to have been taken by... Its owner. He picked it up while the guy who was watching it for him wasn't looking. Laptop and owner are reunited and currently reconciling at a marriage retreat in the Catskills.

<me> Talks dirty to laptop </me> Anyways, yea it was my laptop that was supposed *missing*, I felt a little bad for the poor sap who was watching it after I told someone else to while I went to the restroom, he was all stressed out heh. Anyways, Layerone was great, and can't wait for L1-2 ;), btw can the digital remote control sign defilment be a layerone tradition? :)
                When you draw first blood you can't stop this fight
                For my own piece of mind - I'm going to
                Tear your fucking eyes out
                Rip your fucking flesh off
                Beat you till you're just a fucking lifeless carcass
                Fuck you and your progress
                Watch me fucking regress
                You were meant to take the fall - now you're nothing
                Payback's a bitch motherfucker!

Slayer - Payback

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  because of L1 and the butterfly affect, i was tricked into a DC scavenger hunt team for this year...
                  That wasn't a Scavenger Hunt, we sent you out to buy beer for us dammit!

Comment

My Tomshardware article about LayerOne will be up sometime next week.

I already finished writing it, but the editing/translation into other languages takes a while.

not5150

Comment

so let's recap those claims made...

fire alarm - not us. this was the hotel sauna's fault.
                      missing laptop - mistaken communications. there is no missing laptop.
                      pool fight - first i've heard of it. are we sure this was even us?

making defcon look like a donnie and marie concert? come on, that's totally not the vibe we had this last weekend - nor is it the one we're shooting for. maybe we didn't make that clear. sounds like someone's blowing things out of proportion to me.

is this what we get for issuing someone a press badge? ;)

on the flip side, we've got nothing but love for the people who supported us by showing up and making this event hassle free. yes, hassle free. we look forward to bringing you another one next year.
                      Last edited by boogah; June 16, 2004, 22:21. Reason: adding stuff
                      boogah
                      boogah[at]gominosensei[dot]org
                      http://gominosensei.org/

Comment

Since I had the other press pass (there were only 2 right??), I will put you guys at ease.

1. Didn't see a fight at the pool.
                        2. Fire alarms 99.9% not LayerOne's fault
                        3. Didn't know about the "stolen laptop"

Ast is actually doing you guys a favor by spreading rumors. The rumors will morph into something outrageous by next year.

In my THG article I am writing
                        1. Hot asian strippers showed off H1kari's smart cards
                        2. Priest bashed someone's head in with a Streamlight
                        3. Two monkeys were seen having sex through a hotel window
                        4. Nulltone streaked across Century Blvd in broad daylight, all the way to Taco Bell.

How is that for accurate reporting?

not5150
                        www.not5150.com

Comment

Originally posted by not5150
                          Since I had the other press pass (there were only 2 right??), I will put you guys at ease.
                          Only two issued. There were a few (read: about 5) other tenuous applications for them that got denied straight off. Having a blog does not make one a journalist.

1. Didn't see a fight at the pool.
                          Seems nobody did... Not quite sure where that's coming from. If there was one, it wasn't us.

2. Fire alarms 99.9% not LayerOne's fault
                          I'll bump that up to 100%. When I spoke with the hotel post-conference on Monday, this was a point I raised with them. They reiterated that it was other kids (actually, probably more like 40-somethings, but you get the idea). If they're giving us the all-clear, we've got the all-clear - and video to back it up.

3. Didn't know about the "stolen laptop"
                          Really, it was a non-event - about three minutes of panic followed by Iceblaze popping up out of the woodwork to tell us that he had it safely in his posession. Everyone had pretty much forgetten about it by the time they refilled their drinks.

In short: the rumours of our salaciousness are greatly exaggerated. It was just a good, relaxed weekend, and the plan is to do it again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                            In short: the rumours of our salaciousness are greatly exaggerated. It was just a good, relaxed weekend, and the plan is to do it again next year.
                            I agree with skroo entirely here. I haven't heard any credibility to these rumors, even after doing extensive questioning on the matter.

It's a shame, but it seems like the more composed events receive the more obnoxious rumors. I hope nobody was bored due to the lack of cracked skulls and drug overdoses, but hey, that's probably why I'm hearing these rumors in the first place. Because somebody is bored, or a compulsive liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                              yup... good times...
                              hey, didn't you say you had a new laptop? awesome...I'll check it out in a month and a half....
                              Where's the dedication?

Comment

Working...
                              X