Teleportation NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teleportation NOW

Here, before /. gets its grubby little paws on it, this z3r0 d4y link brought to you by Bascule:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3811785.stm
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Wake me up when they can teleport me into Fort Knox and back.
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Screw that, when should all travel in tubes.
      The dude abides.

Comment

Look who finally picked up the story...
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

Only 75% accuracy? I'll pass.

Al
          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
            Only 75% accuracy? I'll pass.
            I teleported home one night
            With Ron and Sid and Meg
            Ron stole Meggie's heart away
            And I got Sidney's leg

From Douglas Adams' The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Comment

Its pretty amazing that someone that long ago (Einstein) could have known about the properties of atoms, and that the relationship between two unlike atoms existed.

Im always amazed how far ahead of his time he was.

Just the other day there was an article about how scientists are attempting to formulate a "theory of everything" which would be based on the "theory of relativity". Supposedly it would expain what happens to matter that enters a black hole, or where the first particles that created the universe come from.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
                Its pretty amazing that someone that long ago (Einstein) could have known about the properties of atoms, and that the relationship between two unlike atoms existed.

Im always amazed how far ahead of his time he was.

Just the other day there was an article about how scientists are attempting to formulate a "theory of everything" which would be based on the "theory of relativity". Supposedly it would expain what happens to matter that enters a black hole, or where the first particles that created the universe come from.
                very impresive indeed, but a predictable outcome of hard work and dedication to the most abstract mathematical models, developed by the minds of creative people that want to see what is beyond the horizont of commun knowledge and keep pushing to expand our vision of the universe in all the posible directions... after all why to put a limite to it.
                This article shows a great potential of applications already, why to stop in here, lets move it a step further into a medium full of quasiparticles, lets simultaneously clone the properties into more than one atom... now we have a nice grid... there is more than boolean functions to be play with... way faster but maybe too "spooky" hehehe :D
                Love is a Mental Illness

Comment

Working...
                X