Looking for a loaner HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a loaner HT

I'm looking for a 440MHz (and 2m, if possible) HT that someone would be willing to loan me for the duration of the con. I am a licensed no-code tech (KC0EAU, bitch!). If you're brimming over with HTs, I'd appreciate it if you could find it in your heart wish to save me from the evil frustrations of FRS.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Could you use an 800MHz?

[Edit: It's a Handheld Transceiver with an 800MHz Encrypted Radio set up to run on a Trunked Radio system. I'm not sure how well it works outside of El Paso County, but I'm willing to give it a test drive, so to speak]
    Last edited by lil_freak; June 17, 2004, 11:12. Reason: Forgot some stuff
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
      Could you use an 800MHz?
      I was under the impression that most of the radio activity at the con was on 70cm...
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
        I was under the impression that most of the radio activity at the con was on 70cm...
        See my Edit above, I forgot to type some stuff.
        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
          Most of the radio activity is outside the normal ham bands with mars/cap mods as to not disturb the legitimate hams in the area since most people you see using radios at the con are unlicensed. Shame on all of you!

I'm licensed but I'm not foolish enough to post my callsign either. :P
          "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
          - Neural's Godfather moment

Comment

Originally posted by Neural
            I'm licensed but I'm not foolish enough to post my callsign either.
            Oh no, the fed is going to come hunt me down using the typoed and horrendously out-of-date information in the call sign database!

You know, you could just do whois on pdtp.org to get at least a bit more up-to-date information...

And I thought stoners were supposed to be the paranoid ones, heh
            [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
            X