AP space and fire code issues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP space and fire code issues....

i heard something about the tent getting axed this year due to the fire codes? considering it is likely that Defcon will attract even more attendees this year does anybody have any info on what kind of planning has been done to mitigate the over-packed lecture halls and 2 hour wait to get into many of the talks? i know there was some discussion of downsizing the vendor area to make room for another conference room. what about the video feeds, those will be available in the bar, private rooms, and on a projection system again?

i absolutely love the con, but last year i missed a lot standing in line or way in the back of the room where it was both hard to see and hear. i am attending regardless of the setup, but would be encouraged if there were some novel approaches to these issues. any info would be appreciated.

-putt

Originally posted by putt454
    i heard something about the tent getting axed this year due to the fire codes? considering it is likely that Defcon will attract even more attendees this year does anybody have any info on what kind of planning has been done to mitigate the over-packed lecture halls and 2 hour wait to get into many of the talks? i know there was some discussion of downsizing the vendor area to make room for another conference room. what about the video feeds, those will be available in the bar, private rooms, and on a projection system again?

i absolutely love the con, but last year i missed a lot standing in line or way in the back of the room where it was both hard to see and hear. i am attending regardless of the setup, but would be encouraged if there were some novel approaches to these issues. any info would be appreciated.

-putt
    The bit about the tent being axed was in regards to the tent on the roof which was gone last year. Essentially, you're asking us to double the size of the room available so that we don't have crowding issues. Seriously, we're dealing with limited space and there's no way we can make more space appear. The goons in charge of planning are doing their best to make the most of the little space we have available. You'll definitely see some changes as far as more space for talks, but that comes at a price of less space for everything else. Understanding that there is no perfect solution, I think you will find that as much as possible is being done to help the situation.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by putt454
      If you would have checked the forums, you would have found This Thread just 6 links below where you started this one is on the same topic and this issue has been discussed. This would have been a more appropriate place to read about this and continue the conversation. This will help you in future posts.

That is a pretty good thread, and a few items are discussed there.

There was at least one other thread which had discussions of ideas, but I do not recall which one it was ATM.

Good Luck!

Comment

my mistake for not finding the other thread on space issues. i did actually look around the forums...but alas i didn't look hard enough. anyway, i found and read the other thread (subject: Getting in to see the DC speakers?) and i thank you for your information. see ya there....

-putt

Comment

Working...
        X