Comdex 2004 cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comdex 2004 cancelled

Apparently you won't just be missing out on Lollapalooza this year (thanks Bush!) Comdex 2004 has also been cancelled:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/man...9158496,00.htm
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Originally posted by bascule
    Apparently you won't just be missing out on Lollapalooza this year (thanks Bush!) Comdex 2004 has also been cancelled:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/man...9158496,00.htm
    After being to COMDEX and seeing how it worked, it just became too generic for all kinds of tech. It made it difficult and time consuming to visit all of the booths and find something we really wanted. We stopped going a few years back as we did not gain any value in it anymore.

Same thing started happening to Mac World Expo. It shrunk in size, but at least it was something where you could visit all the booths in less than half a day.

Linux World has been nice; they have more booths with technology and products we found we could use.

Of course, with each expo, how useful it is to you depends on your needs, so YMMV.

Comment

but we all saw this coming didn't we?
      - fhqwhgads

Comment

After going the last time in 2002, I can't say I'm surprised.

Trade shows of that generality and magnitude just are'nt fiesable. About the only fun thing was SE'ing a press pass and taking advantage of as many companies hospitality as I could that week. (Did'nt pay for a single meal or drink the whole week).

I'm gonna miss that part.
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Well the cancellation of Lollapalooza doesnt suprise me. Their lineup up this year was mediocre, in my opinion, compared to past years.
          The penguin is watching.
          "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Working...
          X