Cybiko or Cybiko Xtreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cybiko or Cybiko Xtreme

Does anyone have a cybiko? I was wonder about its wireless capablity(sp*) with picking up other wireless signals or if there is any 3rd party programs that you can download onto it that allows it to pick of other signals or just something other than its normal capablitys.(sp*)

Originally posted by [MasTaH[FlaNk]
    Does anyone have a cybiko? I was wonder about its wireless capablity(sp*) with picking up other wireless signals or if there is any 3rd party programs that you can download onto it that allows it to pick of other signals or just something other than its normal capablitys.(sp*)
    I've got one. The wireless capability that it has is unique to that device (AFAIK), and won't work with anything else; this link may be of some interest to you.

Comment

Wow, Thats pretty interestiong. Learned a little something too. With your cybiko, Do you ever pcik up other people you dont know. I live in a smaller town and I dont.

Comment

Wow, Thats pretty interestiong. Learned a little something too. With your cybiko, Do you ever pcik up other people you dont know. I live in a smaller town and I dont.
        I did a few times. To be honest, though, I only played with it for a bit before it got old - it was kind of a neat idea, but without a second one to act as a network gateway it was kind of limited in its usefulness.

Comment

So true. I left mine in the car today. The screen turned almost to dark to read. After it cooled down it finally went back to normal. But damn. Battery life sucks. Did i mention i have two. Kinda useless when its easier to talk to the person in the next room instead of typing it. I guess its really for playing black and white multi-player games

Comment

I have one as well.. I got it as a trade for an old monitor.. just wanted something to play with.. About a year ago I read there was an exploit for the cybiko.

Something about the user password being insecure, and that you could easily access someone elses cybiko wirelessly and download thier contacts list, or any other data stored on it.

Other than that, I havent seen too much you can do with them..

Heres a page with a ton of apps, cybiko developers page.
            Cybiko Developers Page
            Last edited by [Syntax]; July 6, 2004, 19:17.

Comment

Another exploit. Whats new? Thats actually the first one i seen for cybiko. I was wondering about 3rd party programs. I know my palm zire had a few that allowed some pretty werid shit to happen. I beleave Jolly Roger screwed mine up once with a program. But actually, What is the passwrod for. I turned it on and it doesnt even ask for when i turn on my cybiko.

Comment

More Cybiko Apps & Tools
                I read a little more to see what else you can do with them, and I found a app
                to secure instant messages, apparently they can be sniffed, but I havent found the app or method to do it. I also found an app on the page above, to generate passwords to secure your cybiko, and it looks like they changed the password format.

Possibly the exploit I was thinking of was because there was no password, and there was something shared out wirelessly.

As far as mods, I saw you can replace the internal crystal and overclock the processor, and a page where someone added internal lighting.

Hardware Specs
                Windows Cybiko Emulator

Im still looking for info on the sniffing and the remote exploit.

Comment

Great info. Keep up the searchs. :D Im searching to. But dial up get annoying.

Comment

Great info. Keep up the searchs. :D Im searching to. But dial up get annoying.
                    You know DSL/Cable is a lot better than dial-up, unless you can't get that where you live. Then there's always other options like satellite and stuff.
                    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

DSL and Cable isnt avalable here. And I'm not pay for satillite. I get dial-up through my phone company. It cost like $5. And for adding a new service to my bill. I got a discount. So I actaully pay $.89. SO. I'll live with this.

Comment

I was reading, there is a program which creates what is called a CYWIG
                        Cybiko Wireless Internet Gateway. Supposedly you connect a cybiko to a pc, which has internet access. Install this application on the cybiko and your cybiko turns itself into an AP for other cybikos to get net access.

I saw a pop client, and a VT100 terminal emulator for the cybiko.

Heres a folder full of apps, games, ect..
                        http://www.cydevr.net/files/

While googling I found this page
                        http://www.moloch.org/html/body_cybiko.html
                        I wonder who in that group was messing with Cybikos.

Comment

Working...
                        X