Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Art Contest?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Art Contest?

    Well, it's july 5th, and the contest has been over for a few days at least. Assuming I win, when would i get told?
    "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

  • #2
    I believe it was extended until Defcon. About when you are notified, that I don't know. Good luck to us.

    Comment


    • #3
      Does anyone know if the art contest was actually extended?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flavah
        Does anyone know if the art contest was actually extended?
        Well, the main site had something on it about the contest ending in early July or late June, but the main site has this text now for the art contest:
        "Contest has been extended for another month."
        (Top left side)

        Comment


        • #5
          originally it ended June 1, then they changed it to it being extended another month. It's july 10th, is it over yet?
          "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

          Comment


          • #6
            got an email about it today...
            "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jesse
              got an email about it today...
              Quote from "Dude! Where's my Car":

              "Ahhhhhnd Dehhhhhhhhhn??"

              So, what did the email say on this topic?

              Comment


              • #8
                i won one of the contests and it'll be seen by a lot of people at defcon.

                I'm not going to say what, as I'm sure they want it to be a semi-surprise for everyone.
                "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

                Comment


                • #9
                  A semi-surprise? Sounds to me like you're going to get hit by a truck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jesse
                    i won one of the contests and it'll be seen by a lot of people at defcon.

                    I'm not going to say what, as I'm sure they want it to be a semi-surprise for everyone.
                    congrats. I guess I didn't then...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by doc
                      congrats. I guess I didn't then...
                      I would not assume that you did not win if you have not been notified. Don't they have a few categories where a design can win in the art contest? It may take a while before all of the entries are judged for all of the categories.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Same with the slogan contest. There is nothing saying, "Winner will be notified on xx/xx/xx.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I emailed blackbeetle asking bout announcments and such. He mentioned that typically all the winners for art contest are notified approx 1 week prior to start of con and the actual announcment will be in the programs.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Flavah
                            I emailed blackbeetle asking bout announcments and such. He mentioned that typically all the winners for art contest are notified approx 1 week prior to start of con and the actual announcment will be in the programs.
                            I'm suprised bb answered you when you called her a him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              oops......sorry :(
                              Last edited by Flavah; July 14, 2004, 11:42.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X