Pre-defcon Parties!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-defcon Parties!

Can people that are having defcon related parties before and during the event post them in here (place, time, day, etc) in order for everyone including me take note of them and attend them??? Thanks in advance!.

Originally posted by bandazagorath
    Can people that are having defcon related parties before and during the event post them in here (place, time, day, etc) in order for everyone including me take note of them and attend them??? Thanks in advance!.
    No... Why don't you look around the board instead of asking people to do the legwork for you?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
      No... Why don't you look around the board instead of asking people to do the legwork for you?
      I think he was asking if people were allowed to post that info.

And the answer is still no. Because we don't like parties. Or people who have parties.
      a pc-0x90 by any other name is a nummish..
      Bigger 1:23

Comment

Sure, as soon as you answer some question first

1) Does your employer force you to have direct deposit

2) Do you have a clearance level which is described by a Single alphabetic letter?

3) Does your payscale conform to a lookup table with a key of two letters followed by an integer with a step increase? (I.E. GS1 step 1, GS1-GS15 Step 1-10)

4) Did your employer pay you to attend an intensive training program before you completed probation for full employment?

5) Do you have FEGLI?

6) Do you pay into CSRS or FERS [PARA and ICMA]?

7) Are you legally permitted to carry a concealed handgun across state lines and into various cities and National Parks without requesting a concealed weapons permit at each location you visit?

8) Does the law restrict your ability to gather evidence legally admissable in court for a possible investigation more than any other civillians?

9) Have you memorized statement of Miranda Rights for the purpose of arrest?
        /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

oh no, i've been spotted

--simple3

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm
            9) Have you memorized statement of Miranda Rights for the purpose of arrest?
            This question might be unfair to ask of people attending con.
            After all it's not hard to remember after having to hear it more than once.
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

A lot of these parties are not exactly 'invite only' but are close. News spreads through word of mouth so friends, friends of friends, etc are all welcome but complete strangers may not be. If you are having a party and choose to post an announcement here, that's great. Just don't be surprised when 200 people you don't know show up and drink all your booze!
              Drake

Comment

When you say "For the purpose of arrest" are you asking if the person is the arrestOR or the arrestEE?

Comment

This was obviously written by a person who hasnt attended a Defcon before. Most parties arent formal. They just happen. A few are (heck, some even make invitations), but most of the party is outside. Its not like you are going to find a ghost town at the hotel with everyone hiding in their rooms. If you cant find a party at Defcon, you arent trying. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

If there's not a party in the lobby, try pool 1. If there's not a party at pool 1, try pool 2. If there's not a party at pool 2, try pool 3. If there's not a party at pool 3, try the lobby again, one has probably started while you were gone.
                    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

At DC11 I had friends in my room and it ended up being a great party, totally unplanned. Word to the wise - grow eyes in the back of your head and learn to sniff out Jack Daniels at 1000 feet!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        At DC11 I had friends in my room and it ended up being a great party, totally unplanned.
                        Good point. Most DC parties are spur of the moment. If you can post advance notice of those, you should join me at the blackjack table. Other parties are hosted by people known to open their rooms to guests all the time. Anyone who has spent any length of time here will have a good idea who those people are. No announcement necessary in those cases.
                        Drake

Comment

I attended enough parties last year to eat up my evenings, and I met a good amount of people who I had seen before, but didnt know.

Needless to say, some of thier names I have once again forgotten. But most
                          of them I met thru someone else I met. 1 or 2 was a flyer.. And then theres the parties I was invited to, but wasnt sure where to go..

As time passed and the booze began to circulate, people seemed to get friendlier.

Comment

If there are a large group of people walking around and you hear the words "room rush" come up, just follow them around. They are on there way to an unscheduled party.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                              If there are a large group of people walking around and you hear the words "room rush" come up, just follow them around. They are on there way to an unscheduled party.
                              And if they're at the door...make sure you open it, they're just bringing by free beer...
                              Where's the dedication?

Comment

Working...
                              X