Free Shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Shit

Well I know we have from time to time posted links to free tech shit such as posters, books and what not, so I thought I would start this general topic thread for people to post free tech finds. Here is my find. Novell Linux Technical Resource Kit
    Last edited by kree; July 8, 2004, 12:03.
    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

I placed my order about two weeks ago.

I hope it comes in soon.

I think you should have listed what free stuff you can get:

- SUSE LINUX Standard Server 8.0 (ISO Installation Images)
    - SUSE LINUX 9.1 Professional (Bootable Installation DVD)
    - Ximian Desktop 2.0 Evaluation (ISO Image)
    - Ximian Red Carpet 2.0.2 Evaluation (ISO Image)
    - Novell Linux Services 1.0 (ISO Image & NLS Companion CD)
    - Novell GroupWise for Linux 6.5.1 - Server, Client & Messenger
    - and more...
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

got mines the other day, its a 3 disc set. :D
      "so many books, so little time"

Comment

The last time somebody posted one of these we all signed up (Microsoft security posters) only to be told months later that because of high demand they weren't going to ship us anything -- so here's a PDF. Go to Kinkos and get it printed.

Here's hoping this one actually works.
        We own everything so you don't have to!

Comment

Originally posted by gzzah
          The last time somebody posted one of these we all signed up (Microsoft security posters) only to be told months later that because of high demand they weren't going to ship us anything -- so here's a PDF. Go to Kinkos and get it printed.

Here's hoping this one actually works.

I got my posters!

Comment

I received an email the other day confirming that I would receive my kit soon.
            “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

You know, I was so wrapped up in the MIT freebies I forgot it....

Comment

All the free stuff offers want my e-mail address. NO THANKS!

Comment

Ok, so then it's a "let's see if Novell is more reliable than Microsoft" thing! Oh well, just thought it would be of use or intrest to some of the forum peeps.
                  Last edited by kree; July 8, 2004, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    All the free stuff offers want my e-mail address. NO THANKS!
                    Thats what FREE e-mail addresses are for! :D

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                      Ok, so then it's a "let's see if Novel is more reliable than Microsoft" thing! Oh well, just thought it would be of use or intrest to some of the fourum peeps.
                      You do know it's Novell right? Ahhh syscon where has thou gone?

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                        woohoo! all hail auditcon ... er ... something
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                          Well I know we have from time to time posted links to free tech shit such as posters, books and what not, so I thought I would start this general topic thread for people to post free tech finds. Here is my find. Novel Linux Technical Resource Kit
                          This may or may not be of interest...www.windowsmobiletraining.com/

You read their sales material, take their quiz and the send you a prize. I got a free copy of "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" for about a half hours worth of taking their course. They even pay shipping.
                          I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

I recieved an e-mail from Novell claiming It would ship in 7-10 business days. Time will tell whether they are full of shit or not.
                            When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                              Yes I do, thank you for pointing out my mistake. It is one of those things that would have probably went on and on and on, but now that it has been pointed out it won't happen again! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X