Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunk Tank needs Dunkees

Greeetings!

DedHed and I will be running the Dunk Tank this year. We're looking for some good quality people to dunk in order to raise a lot of money for the EFF. Celebs, Goons, People in Bikinis, Feds, and perhaps a few people who annoy you the most at the Con.

I've already emailed a few of the higher profile folks. Suggestions for Dunkees (with their email addresses) are welcome. Please send your input to my public email:

voipgod@gmail.com

The dunk tank should be between pools 1 and 2 so be sure to stop by.

Thanks,

Res

Just out of curiosity: is the purpose of the dunk tank to cut down on the number of pool pushers, raise money, or both?

Also, you have to clarify (with this crowd) if you want any specific gender in those bikinis. For now, I'll assume that either male or female is okay.

Comment

Officially it's to raise money for the EFF.

As for bikinis, whatever helps us raise more money the better. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
        Also, you have to clarify (with this crowd) if you want any specific gender in those bikinis. For now, I'll assume that either male or female is okay.

Are you inferring that there are more human sexes than M and F? :p

The most skin the better.

And I think I just might spend some time in the tank just to get you all to donate.

Miss Lope
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
          Are you inferring that there are more human sexes than M and F? :p
          Are you inferring that there are only two genders in your view of the world. How ... quaint. :p

Comment

Are you inferring that there are only two genders in your view of the world. How ... quaint. :p
            I wasn't implying that i'm narrowminded, I was just giggling at your wording :p

if i had a strapon, i'd hook it up at the pool.

Lope
            DJ Jackalope
            dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Dunk the Fed? Do you have their permissions or do we get to see a firefight too? Considering the heat, do you plan to dunk people in water? Is that puinishment? Maybe you need to dunk them in whipped cream, Starbucks coffee, or purple dye. Or all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                Dunk the Fed? Do you have their permissions or do we get to see a firefight too? Considering the heat, do you plan to dunk people in water? Is that puinishment? Maybe you need to dunk them in whipped cream, Starbucks coffee, or purple dye. Or all of the above.
                if it's for punishment, it's so much easier to throw them in the pool.

--simple3

Comment

Just to get this back on track (I know, that's practically heresy around here)...

Who would y'all like to see in the tank? Who would you pay to see get dropped in cold water? Who do you think isn't going to bathe unless they're dropped in water?

Personally, I'd like to see Noid up there. On Sunday. After wearing that same shirt all weekend.

And Chris, because I want to soak that fucker.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                    Who would y'all like to see in the tank? Who would you pay to see get dropped in cold water?
                    Priest and um, Priest. I actually sent an e-mail suggesting him for being in the booth... the only person I would like to see dunked, and if the EFF wins too? Heh! even better! :-)

I also sent an e-mail suggesting some sort of schedule so you can know who was going to be up in the tank and then make arrangement to visit and play when someone comes up that you want to dunk.

Who do you think isn't going to bathe unless they're dropped in water?
                    Well, I do not think he has troubles with bathing, but I try not to get too close. He has been able to keep a job, after-all, so he must be able to do the bathing thing.

Naw, my reasons have to do with how he interrupts speakers who are speaking. He does this to tell presentation audience members that they are, "infant school children," for doing something, "earth shatteringly dreadful."

Of course, he does not consider the population of the people in the audience. For the most part, people in the audience are there to learn something more than cause trouble. The people listening to the speakers are likely, NOT the people who did something bad. He ends up penalizing people who likely have nothing to do with the thing, about which, he is pissed.

Hey! If I am going to be yelled at for doing something, I should at least be penalized for something I actually did, and not something that I did not do.

I am not the kind of person who would resort to violence, or do something cruel to him, but an official event like this would be nice as a way to take out my frustration in having heard him tell me as a member of an audience that I suck for doing things I did not do.

[Edit: Modified a paragraph to be more readable based on quoted feedback below]
                    Last edited by TheCotMan; July 12, 2004, 13:55. Reason: Modified a really long run-on sentence based on feedback later in this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                      Naw, my reasons have to do with his interrupting speakers who are speaking to tell the people who are in the audience of the presentations they are infant school children for doing something earth shatteringly dreadful. Of course, he does not consider that the people listening to the speakers are likely NOT the people who did something bad, and he is penalizing people who likely have nothing to do with the thing he is pissed about.
                      I think your rage is interfering with your ability to communicate effectively. That post was just a little tough to follow. :)

However, I agree. For all the good it does, can't they simply have a sign at the registration desk:? "Don't be an asshat or a fucktard."

In all fairness, though, Priest makes himself an easy target. If he isn't available, then one of the other goons gives the same speech. Priest is just more ... available than the others.

Comment

Umm.... Mitnick! It would please the media.

Comment

I think your rage is interfering with your ability to communicate effectively. That post was just a little tough to follow. :)
                          More of a case where I went too long without sleep; I'll add some punctuation to make it more readable.

However, I agree. For all the good it does, can't they simply have a sign at the registration desk:? "Don't be an asshat or a fucktard."

In all fairness, though, Priest makes himself an easy target. If he isn't available, then one of the other goons gives the same speech. Priest is just more ... available than the others.
                          [Where's my soap box... ahh there it is...]

There have been other people who have interrupted speakers in the past for announcements or notification on poor behavior, but they don't spend nearly as much time, and do not pool the innocent with the guilty.

For example, when DT/JM has interrupted to tell us about an event and why it is not good, the statement was brief, and went something like this:
                          "I expect none of you were responsible for this, but event XYZ has happened over at the ABC. This kind of behavior is a good way to end your DefCon experience in jail, so it is a good idea to avoid it."

I can live with that. Short, to the point, and easy to understand.

I have seen Priest go on for over 7 minutes telling us how we are bad people, with these long pauses after he speaks, as if he is waiting for someone to talk-back to him.

Sure, the Con needs a "heavy" to enforce the rules and make sure things work with few injuries, and help make sure people remain safe. I expect that without Priest, we would have seen more arrests and people getting hurt over the years. However, punnishment seems to work better when it is directed at the offenders rather than lumping everyone together who has been listening to the presentations.
                          [/soapbox]

Comment

I have seen Priest go on for over 7 minutes telling us how we are bad people, with these long pauses after he speaks, as if he is waiting for someone to talk-back to him.
                            Seriously, I enjoy it when Priest come up on stage to tell what are the stupidity people have done... Defcon without Priest or without dumb action would not be the same :D
                            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Know who I would pay dearly to dunk?

Those worthless Alexis Park Security Guards!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X