UNOFFICIAL Female Geek Gathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNOFFICIAL Female Geek Gathering

As you know this original idea sparked heated debates. In the last few weeks, I have received 6 or so emails asking when The Gathering takes place. So for those females interested please see the following link. The Gathering

Basically The Gathering will take place on Saturday July 31st 6pm-8pm.

Females who are interested in networking, meeting new friends, technical discussion, or meeting like-minded females are encouraged to attend.

We tried to select the best time without major conflicts. Currently this schedule only conflicts with talks.

I will be updating the location once I find one...:)

Staying at the AP and able to provide space for a couple of hours? Feel free to email me with suggestions.
    Worst-case scenario currently is that it ends up poolside....

******This gathering is not unlike any other private party that may be going on, and is NOT an official DefCon event. :D

Originally posted by pezz
    As you know this original idea sparked heated debates. In the last few weeks, I have received 6 or so emails asking when The Gathering takes place. So for those females interested please see the following link. The Gathering

Basically The Gathering will take place on Saturday July 31st 6pm-8pm.

Females who are interested in networking, meeting new friends, technical discussion, or meeting like-minded females are encouraged to attend.

We tried to select the best time without major conflicts. Currently this schedule only conflicts with talks.

I will be updating the location once I find one...:)

Staying at the AP and able to provide space for a couple of hours? Feel free to email me with suggestions.
    Worst-case scenario currently is that it ends up poolside....

******This gathering is not unlike any other private party that may be going on, and is NOT an official DefCon event. :D
    I'd be more than happy to provide my Alexis Park room for the The Gatthering
    /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

No doubt my wife will kick me out of the room and offer it to y'all.

Comment

I'm glad you decided to do this, pezz. :)

I've got a room at the AP with a few male friends of mine, but I'm sure I can kick the boys out of the room for a few hours for this.

Comment

Maybe I'll start up a "guys moping around cuz their gals want to hang out without them" party.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            Maybe I'll start up a "guys moping around cuz their gals want to hang out without them" party.
            Hum could be perfect timing for Stripper Con :D
            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm
              Hum could be perfect timing for Stripper Con :D
              No no girls, he is kidding, there is no such thing! We are going to sit around and mope! Honest!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                No no girls, he is kidding, there is no such thing! We are going to sit around and mope! Honest!
                in either case could you count Me IN? :o
                once you realize that nothing makes sense...it ALL makes perfect sense

Comment

UPDATE:

I have taken ASTcell up on his offer of space for the gathering. Thanks Astcell!!!

However, we are currently looking at other venues due to the number of confirmations we received in the last few days.

ASTcell: We have 10 confirmed so far... :D

4 others who have not CONFIRMED.....

Comment

Hullo, I'm Kendra. Haven't really been hanging around on the forums, but I am excited to see this event planned. I'm probably less technically proficient than many of you, but I am eager to participate in a discussion and just shoot shit as well. I am a media scholar with a particular interest in IT and its implications for society, so I spend more time reading theory than coding, but I'm sure everyone is fairly open to a diversity in range and area of skills. looking forward to meeting folks.

Shalome, I believe I met you last year. We talked for a bit about some kind of Estrogen meet-up for 2004. Is this you, perhaps?
                    http://www.sandiegobandwidthpimps.co...4881.sized.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                      UPDATE:

ASTcell: We have 10 confirmed so far... :D

4 others who have not CONFIRMED.....
                      Pezz, make it 3 because I'll be there.
                      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

yer gonna need a bigger boat.
                        We own everything so you don't have to!

Comment

Dont forget to give the guys at least 48 hour notice where the girl-fest is happening. It takes a lot of time to plan a revenge of the nerds style camera intrusion, and you wouldnt want to deprive a bunch of horny geeks of "hot lesbian action".
                          Yes I'm back bitch!

And darker than ever

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                            Pezz, make it 3 because I'll be there.
                            Alright, make it 2. I'll be there also.

Comment

Originally posted by polyhazard
                              Shalome, I believe I met you last year. We talked for a bit about some kind of Estrogen meet-up for 2004. Is this you, perhaps?
                              ]
                              Yes, that's me, although I'm ashamed to admit it.. ugh, what a terrible picture. I've lost weight since then, and my hair is very, very different. (and I ditched the government job) :D See you there!

Comment

Working...
                              X