Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room Available, but I have high demands!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Available, but I have high demands!

I have a room available at the Alexia Park, but this is no regular kick me down a few bucks, and crash. I demand equipment, and good equipment nonetheless, not no antique token ring network controller or 5 port linksys hub or nothing. But I am interested in networking, or Telephone PBX equipment. My demands are high, reply here, and I will decide if anyones loot is adequate for sleep space. Also, fire and security alarm equipment are of interest to me.

You don't want a roommate, you want a patsy!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      You don't want a roommate, you want a patsy!

Haha! yes I do, but I already got one of them from my hometown, I suckered him into driving me to the con.

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
        how about you fuck off? This is the stupidest shit. Demanding hardware thats worth more than the hotel room itself.
        Funny, I dont recall requesting hardware at a set price. I just said my demands are high. I am pretty sure there is alot of hardware out there less than $900 ($300 room rate times three nights) On top of that, many people who attend DEFCON work in the IT industry, and often have excess amounts of hardware, that they often like to trade out. I work with wireless internet, and at any given time, I have an excess of 10 wireless APs that are useless to me, compared the the average houshold computer user, lucky to have one. I can assure you, there are other people like me, who have excess hardware in their related field. In any case, nobody forced you to read or reply to this thread, so at any given time, you can feel free to leave, and never view this again, or if you choose to be a flamer, like you presented yourself to this thread in the first place, feel free to reply.

Comment

Or maybe you could take a big swig of a drink called "shut the fuck up". BooHoo, he told me to fuck off......

Originally posted by ankleteeth
          In any case, nobody forced you to read or reply to this thread, so at any given time, you can feel free to leave, and never view this again,
          Actually this is a new thread, those of us who check the forum regularly check all the new threads. He has every right to reply, perticularly when the original post make you come across as an asshole (I know my own kind).

or if you choose to be a flamer, like you presented yourself to this thread in the first place, feel free to reply.
          If you really want flames, I would be more then happy to take you up on the offer, just reply back and say yes, and we will see what we can do about that.

Comment

I dont see how my original post made me come across as an asshole, I am just looking for some good hardware in trade for sleep space.

Comment

Then you say you will trade sleep space for surplus hardware. The way you worded it, all you were missing was the gun in the ribs.

Comment

I guess what I meant by 'high demands' I tried to clarify in the body of the thread, that I want useful parts, not outdated junk. I suppose I should have said 'high trade cost'

Comment

One man's trash is another man's treasure. You will be amazed at what we have that we want to get rid of!

Comment

And now you have brought me to the point, that I cant even say junk, because you are right, something you would probably throw away, I would die to have

Comment

I suckered him into driving me to the con.
                      Good job of admitting that you're basically using people. Memo to ankleteeth's potential roommates: this person's probably looking to find a ride out there with promises of shared gas and a room at the end of it all, then have it all somehow fall out. Of course, he'll miraculously still have crash space while you've got a massive fuel bill on your hands and nowhere to sleep. But that's just idle speculation on my behalf, so your call as to how you'd care to proceed with him.

Comment

Heh, this thread is really turning out to make me look like an ass.

Comment

Does this tell you anything?

Comment

for a new guy ... you catch on quick
                            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

An old saying goes, "If a man calleth thee an ass, pay him no mind. But if a second man calleth the an ass, get thee a saddle."

You never get a second chance to make a first impression, but since you're new (check out post count numbers, and then respect your "elders") we can not hold it too much against you, mainly because they are bigger assfish in the ocean.

Oh, you owe us all beer and apology will be accepted. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X