Sco comes to town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sco comes to town

Yes the time is just about upon us. No one is quite sure how it happened. Is SCO really that dumb? Did they just not think? Did they want to send their folks to blackhat first? We may never know, but we can be sure that we will take advantage of their foolishness. For those who do not know what I'm talking about, SCO is having a 25th anniversary forum at the MGM Grand starting August 1st. Yes you read that right, the last day of defcon. There aren't, as yet, definite plans for protest or other actions to bring attention to SCO's untenable actions, but we're working on it.

It's time we give those SCO cads what for!
    SCOfudMachine.org

This has been discussed before, but the search engine won't let me find "SCO".

I think the general opinion was: they're losing their cases, no one takes them seriously, don't do anything stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by AoT
      Yes the time is just about upon us. No one is quite sure how it happened. Is SCO really that dumb? Did they just not think? Did they want to send their folks to blackhat first? We may never know, but we can be sure that we will take advantage of their foolishness. For those who do not know what I'm talking about, SCO is having a 25th anniversary forum at the MGM Grand starting August 1st. Yes you read that right, the last day of defcon. There aren't, as yet, definite plans for protest or other actions to bring attention to SCO's untenable actions, but we're working on it.

It's time we give those SCO cads what for!
      SCOfudMachine.org

Why would you possibly waste your time protesting SCO? Do you really think you are going to accomplish anything other than getting hot and wasting your DefCon time?

Up there with the sillier posts I have seen.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

iirc they were busy enough digging their own grave.. there is no need to waste time protesting. atrocity? pfff.. they keep acting like tards, the industry will bitchslap them like tards
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
          iirc they were busy enough digging their own grave.. there is no need to waste time protesting. atrocity? pfff.. they keep acting like tards, the industry will bitchslap them like tards

That's kind of my point. Does anyone really think that SCO thinks the 'community' or even industry is behind them? I don't think so. They know this was a tremendously unpopular (stupid) move. Giving yourself heatstroke outside the MGM isn't going to cause them to say "Oh wow! How wrong we have been. Please, let us withdraw our suit and make amends to the Open Source community. Our apologies."
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            That's kind of my point. Does anyone really think that SCO thinks the 'community' or even industry is behind them? I don't think so. They know this was a tremendously unpopular (stupid) move.
            Agreed. It's probably also worth mentioning that SCO may have timed this deliberately, knowing that there would be a sizeable number of open-source supporters in town that weekend. All it takes is one jackass to lob a brick at someone wearing a SCO conference badge and we all look like the enemy. 'We were just minding our own business holding our legitimate corporate conference when one of those evil Linux open-source hacker types ran up on stage and gave poor defenceless Darl McBride a swift kick in the nuts...' Congrats, even with all the idiocy SCO has put forth in their lawsuit, one moron has managed to taint public opinion of the other side.

Just consider for one moment that this may not be coincidence.

Comment

Working...
            X