Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheftCon

Not sure if this was isolated.

Our "Rented" Dodge Caravan was stolen out of the AP parking lot Friday afternoon. Our childrens stuff went for the ride as well. Just wondering if any one else experienced anything similiar.

Besides the theft, I met a lot of great people and heard some great talks.

thx
    h0z

Originally posted by h0zae
    Not sure if this was isolated.

Our "Rented" Dodge Caravan was stolen out of the AP parking lot Friday afternoon. Our childrens stuff went for the ride as well. Just wondering if any one else experienced anything similiar.

Besides the theft, I met a lot of great people and heard some great talks.

thx
    h0z

I believe there was (at least one) another rented van stolen on Sunday evening/Monday morning.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

you brought kids to defcon?

Comment

brought kids to vegas ... not defcon...

Comment

Roommate had his nice cigar lighter stolen out of his room by the maids. The irony is they stepped over the rifle case to get to it. Guess they werent going for value.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I left stuff in the room after checking out and called the hotel from the airport. They said they would get back to me -if- they found it. With the toys I carry, they may ask well have found a stack of unmarked bills. Yea, I'll get it back, sure.

What irony. I have and have always had more faith in 6000 hackers than 60 hotel employees.

Comment

I stayed at the Residence Inn: Marriot for DC. The great thing is that you can put a "Don't Make Up" magnetic sticker on the outside.

We did this for all four days... and they never came in. We just asked for extra towels at the front desk.

$80 a night on the govt rate :) 1 bed, a foldout couch and space on the floor for an Aero bed (which I brought). Free breakfast for all the people in the room... they don't check your status.

The downside is the 5-10 minute drive to AP.
              Last edited by not5150; August 3, 2004, 23:39.

Comment

5-10 min drive, that's 2 beers, a day....I can't handle that....

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  yea, someone stole my defcon badge out of my back pocket.. those bastards... Im positive the thing didnt fall out either. It was gone as soon as i got up to ask the speaker a question. (large crowd)

It was okay though, my friend was leaving sunday morning so i used his.

-xchris
                  -Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Well, it's no beers a day. The gov pays for our rental car/gas etc and gives us ~$50 a day for food. Of course anything not used goes to pay for DefCon swag.

Comment

it would be cool if we can find out what happened with the cars and all the other shit that was stolen... im wondering if the our vans were turned into taxis or wifi devices....

Anyone notice the loose cover on the phone jack near the atm?

Comment

I've never had anything stolen out of my room at the AP, but the maids do have a habit of leaving the master keycards out on the carts. Just something to consider.

Originally posted by h0zae
                        it would be cool if we can find out what happened with the cars and all the other shit that was stolen... im wondering if the our vans were turned into taxis or wifi devices....
                        Unfortunately, your van is probably in Mexico by now.

Anyone notice the loose cover on the phone jack near the atm?
                        Heh, reminds me of Defcon 9 (IIRC), where there there were no fewer than three splices into it. I got in a cab and trucked over to my bank's branch.

Comment

On wednesday we stopped by our room and the maid was cleaning it. So we decided to run a little test, Kelvin walks in, says hello to the maid, grabs a laptop, and walks back outside. No questions, not even much of an SE attempt. After that we wrote a note and taped it to the door that said "do not open our door". The maid never opened it, though someone stole the sign saturday night :)

Apparently the DND cards can be ignored by the maids after 11am, I think I'd rather have no maids at all during defcon and just let us grab towels and stuff from a closet...
                          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by kallahar
                            ...we wrote a note and taped it to the door that said "do not open our door". The maid never opened it, though someone stole the sign saturday night...[chop]
                            Our "Do Not Disturb" card was stolen the first night of the year DC was at the AP-- no point to using them during DC.

When we checked into our rooms, we asked the front desk to add special notes for our room to not be serviced until we left.

We also spoke to the maid our first day and asked her not to bother cleaning our room until we checked-out.

As a "thank you" we left the room in good condition.

Comment

If you read the agreement you signed on checkin, it specifically said those signs (Do not make up room) would not be honored.

Comment

Working...
                              X