Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk Feedback Request

Talk - Credit Card Networks

While this was suppose to be a very interactive talk/demo we only had 50 min to work with, and I screwed up coding one of the modules. Aside from that anyone attend and have thoughts?

I would like to have a "take 2" session next year and accually have some success, but want to see if you would be interested.

-Hackajar
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

I think your presentation needed two things, the first you addressed yourself and the second would be more capable participation. The latter really isn't really something you can control though. It was interesting and hope to see your revised version 2.0 next year.

Comment

Perhaps I need to be more verbal ahead of time for people to bring the right equipment. Posters, more verbage on the DC site, etc. We will see next time I suppose

Comment

1. I didn't know that it was going to be interactive; if I had known in advance to bring a laptop with the proper tools it would have been a lot more interesting.

2. Using two displays at once makes it really hard for people on the left or right side of the room. I was in the first row all the way on stage right so could only see that screen.

3. That aside, with only 50 minutes there isn't much (any?) time for interactivity. Maybe split it into a talk and a workshop?

4. Set ground rules up front--a few questions came up that you couldn't answer due to NDA, wasting time.

Originally posted by hackajar
        Talk - Credit Card Networks

While this was suppose to be a very interactive talk/demo we only had 50 min to work with, and I screwed up coding one of the modules. Aside from that anyone attend and have thoughts?

I would like to have a "take 2" session next year and accually have some success, but want to see if you would be interested.

-Hackajar
        My Web site is .

Comment

People were asking questions about Debit PinPad. Granted this is under a similer spec of credit cards, it was not credit card related. I will note to put some more ground rules up in future, and have an isolated host to attack that's not share room with the open office presentation (and not on windows)

PS kudo's to whoever partially owned the box, still digging through logs to see what they did and how

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
            PS kudo's to whoever partially owned the box, still digging through logs to see what they did and how
            I feel vindicated... well, not really but that was fun to see. :)
            We own everything so you don't have to!

Comment

Once you condensed everything to one display, I was following you. Because of that delay, though, the 50 minutes wasn't nearly enough time. Another 5-10 minutes and several of us would have had transactions submitted and that was even after the delays of all of us trying to get on the network.

I've heard a lot of complaints from those who weren't participating, though, and I can see why. It was really centered around those who were. Perhaps a talk followed by a participation break-out session would have been better.
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I should really press hard for a two our slot next year. Also I could see that the audience was REALLY itching for any information about credit cards in general. I should do a full review of the industry and where these demo's fit it. Good idea OP, two for one special :)

Comment

Working...
                X