X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scavenger Hunt Items

So much for below thread being a rumor

http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=4197

Contrags Siv for leaving a 5 year legacy. I was hoping to challenge your team next year, we put up one hell of a fight for our first year in.

Maybe HW will be up to the challange next year.

Signed,

DC702
    2nd Place Winners
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

We were wondering if that'd be pursued, and we got our answer.

Siviak will be missed as a contenstant.
    #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
      So much for below thread being a rumor

http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=4197

Contrags Siv for leaving a 5 year legacy. I was hoping to challenge your team next year, we put up one hell of a fight for our first year in.

Maybe HW will be up to the challange next year.

Signed,

DC702
      2nd Place Winners
      But did you notice that without the soda can tabs, we would have still won?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
        But did you notice that without the soda can tabs, we would have still won?
        heheheheh.... I will miss The Hunt... but I think that between me and the 801 guys... we are gonna hurt a lot of people :)
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
          heheheheh.... I will miss The Hunt... but I think that between me and the 801 guys... we are gonna hurt a lot of people :)
          I already have TONS of ideas for ya. Looking forward to seeing your spin on things!
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I was really worried the whole week before Defcon about leaving the popcan tabs un-capped, and debated with Grifter and Adrenaline about it the whole week. In the end, Grifter had last say, and decided uncapped. So I was still uptight during most of the con that something was going to come up that was going to piss off more than half of the teams are really make this year's hunt just get a bad rep.

But in the end, it all worked out and the teams still played competitively. Many thanks to Siviak for playing a DAMN good game, and keeping to the spirit of the hunt that we've kept the past few years. And yes, even without a SINGLE popcan tab, Siviak's team still would of won. DC702 really put up a challenge for you guys though, it would of been really damn close.

I will be updating www.scavengerhunt.org sometime in the next couple weeks with the final scoresheet (looking a lot like last year's).

Comment

We were ready to do a "Freemont" run that would have put us within 50 points of eachother without the tabs, but after you guys busted out with 8,500+ tabs, we scrapted that idea, no point in doing any of that at this stage in game.

All in all we had a great time, and hope to have 'friendly' competition next year. It seemed that some people were taking the generic trash talk to heart. Remember, it's all in fun, right?

PS Did anyone else get Priest to preform last rights, or get TechTV ppl to eat a hamburger? I think not :P

Comment

Id also like to throw my congrats out to Siviak and Team for their win, as well as the 702 crew for their hard work and consistancy, I was a little bummed out to not be able to be at the scav hunt table as much as Id like to have been to check out all the crazy items and tasks being performed, but it did bring smiles to my face to see people walking around in tin foil clothing and walking around with 100ft or so of straws and knowing exactly what it was for :) On a side note, what did you guys think of this years scavenger hunt sign? As some of you may recall, last years was just cardboard on the wall, this year I wanted to make a sign that was a bit more ghetto, that really put across a "scavenger hunt" type of theme to it :)
                .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

The "cunt" sign was good, although even from a distance you had to strain to read what it said. Perhaps painting the OSB board a bright color would make the makeshift words more readable.

Comment

PS Did anyone else get Priest to preform last rights, or get TechTV ppl to eat a hamburger? I think not :P
                    the ONLY reason I didn't get the last rights from Priest was I couldn't find the damn thing and he did have it memorized (poor form Priest).. and YES we did get a techTV guy to eat a hamburger.... what can I say... I am good at what I do :D (it was ALL HighWiz)
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

The "cunt" sign was good, although even from a distance you had to strain to read what it said. Perhaps painting the OSB board a bright color would make the makeshift words more readable.
                      The "cunt" part pissed me off, I put some good work into that sign and was a bit upset to see it defaced, if they had defaced it my just moving the cable around, that would have got a laugh out of me, because it's no big deal, it was the fact that someone wrote on the wood with permanent marker after the fact that really upset me, if the cable had just been moved, that's easy enough to fix, but now if the sign needs to be reused, either that needs to be grinded out of the wood, or a whole new sheet will need to be used.
                      .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Speaking of which, I should either get that sign put away or get it back to Adrenaline sometime soon before my family comes over for a visit to see how the new place is working out.

Comment

Siv needs to be a judge next time.

Comment

I think Siv will be helping run it next time. No one else could be nearly as qualified as the 5 time winner. He's like the Lance Armstrong (Armstrongbad) of Scavenger Hunts.
                            “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Yeah, we had more items to submit as well.. Team I was on was "Shit I Dunno" we had another 90 points to throw in easy, and were going to get some more items, but quit early.

Anyhow.. heres a nice photo of the Goatse sculpture. I had to snap a photo of it..
                              http://www.tx2600.com/php-bin/galler...lbum=13&pos=58

Comment

Working...
                              X