DC719 stranded in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC719 stranded in Utah

i just made it home about 2 hours ago, after spending last night in a tiny highway truckstop town in Utah called green river. it all started when one of the rear wheels snapped off of our Hearse and exploded on the asphalt going 75 mph, we were towed to green river. We left this morning in the 2nd car but had to leave Mcgruff and Art in utah where they remain until tommorrow night or posibly later. we want to thank 303 for taking one of our party with them or we would have had to leave even more people in utah. the good thing is that no one was hurt. uhhhg i need sleep!!
    ARRR!

Originally posted by h3adrush
    i just made it home about 2 hours ago, after spending last night in a tiny highway truckstop town in Utah called green river. it all started when one of the rear wheels snapped off of our Hearse and exploded on the asphalt going 75 mph, we were towed to green river. We left this morning in the 2nd car but had to leave Mcgruff and Art in utah where they remain until tommorrow night or posibly later. we want to thank 303 for taking one of our party with them or we would have had to leave even more people in utah. the good thing is that no one was hurt. uhhhg i need sleep!!
    It appears as though the curse of Renderman has jumped to 719.

Glad to hear no-one got hurt.

Comment

Did the skeleton get tossed out? Did you havew to explain any of that? Bet the passers-by had an eyeful!

Comment

Green River! sucks. although i had the DC719 people to keep me company. after the Car lost it wheel and was towed we bought 40's and made our way to the hotel and got fucked up. nothing like UTAH CON. the car well be returing tomarrow. with Art and McgruffD.

Comment

Its sad that yawl ended up stranded in BFE Utah and not slc metro. I'm sure we locals could have figured out somewhere for you to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by A
            Its sad that yawl ended up stranded in BFE Utah and not slc metro. I'm sure we locals could have figured out somewhere for you to crash.
            o_o At least you didnt get rapped. :o

-xchris
            -Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by xChris
              o_o At least you didnt get rapped. :o

-xchris
              Mormon rape , whats that like?
              the only question in life is , Why?

Comment

I should have the pictures we took of the aftermath and what not, on our forums by next week.

Grifter, we love you guys, but your state sucks.
                (Utah: The Hackers Hell)

Thanks again to the 303 crew.
                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Utah likes to chew up hackers and spit them out. That state hates us.

Sorry to hear about that guys, hope it was'nt my luck rubbing off. Glad everyone is OK.
                  Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by zziks
                    Mormon rape , whats that like?
                    Missionary position, exclusively...
                    #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                      I should have the pictures we took of the aftermath and what not, on our forums by next week.

(Utah: The Hackers Hell)

Thanks again to the 303 crew.
                      That area of utah is what we call the '435', the wastelands of what is utah.
                      801 is where it's at, and is good times, even if your anti-mormon or something,
                      there's always somewhere in the 801 area you can have fun. It's funny how many crews had problems getting home this year, I was mentioning earlier how Me, Grifter, Dedhed, & A were all flying back to utah and got diverted to grand junction, colorado or something, stuck in 970 for a brief time ourselves. But in the end it does add a little something extra to everyone's post-defcon stories doesnt it? :)
                      .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Originally posted by h3adrush
                        i just made it home about 2 hours ago, after spending last night in a tiny highway truckstop town in Utah called green river.
                        You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I love Green River. It's only about an hour from where I grew up (Grand Junction, CO) and is surrounded by all sorts of cool places to hike, and an active geyser. There's the San Rafel Swell to the west, Goblin Valley to the southwest, and the Escalante Grand Staircase to the south. Great terrain. But then again it's probably a shitty place to be when it's not by choice.

We actually stayed there on our way out to DC. It's home to one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in in Utah, the River Terrace, with sliding glass doors in every room which open to porches that overlook the Green River, plus they have an awesome pool, and are right next door to the only decent restaurant in town, the Tamarisk. Here's a picture:

it all started when one of the rear wheels snapped off of our Hearse and exploded on the asphalt going 75 mph, we were towed to green river. We left this morning in the 2nd car but had to leave Mcgruff and Art in utah where they remain until tommorrow night or posibly later. we want to thank 303 for taking one of our party with them or we would have had to leave even more people in utah. the good thing is that no one was hurt.
                        Holy shit dude, glad to hear you're all okay.

Originally posted by lil freak
                        There's awesome things to do in Utah, but the interior of the state bears an uncanny resemblance to hell.

Someone needs to put an "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" sign over the Interstate when it enters the San Rafel Swell...
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                        [ redacted ]

Comment

After a scare with the Border Patrol, we were stranded in BFE Texas for several hours while we waited for our two flat tires to be patched. All I could say was "At least we're not in Utah."
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

So let me get this straight... half of the crew from Utah was stranded in Colorado, while half of the crew from Colorado was stranded in Utah? And approximately an hour away from each other at that? At least you guys didn't have to sit on an airplane, and entertain all of the passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
                              You might think I'm crazy for saying this, but I love Green River. It's only about an hour from where I grew up (Grand Junction, CO) and is surrounded by all sorts of cool places to hike, and an active geyser. There's the San Rafel Swell to the west, Goblin Valley to the southwest, and the Escalante Grand Staircase to the south. Great terrain. But then again it's probably a shitty place to be when it's not by choice.

Someone needs to put an "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here" sign over the Interstate when it enters the San Rafel Swell...
                              Hehe, I love that area. I was down there just this last summer, camped out just west of Goblin Valley. Thank god for Green River though, it's the only city north of Goblin Valley that saved my ass from running out of gas. I had never been south of Goblin Valley, so I didn't want to take chances on the "city" that's supposedly south of there about the same distance as Green River is.

Comment

Working...
                              X