Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My BlackHat/DefCon Sleep Allotment

Originally posted by not5150
    I was wondering how much sleep you got or maybe more accurately didn't get during the con???
    Wednesday morning: 6 hrs
    Thursday morning: 4.5 hrs
    Friday morning: 6 hrs
    Saturday morning: 4 hrs
    Sunday morning: 2.5 hrs
    I)ruid

Comment

Originally posted by Judas
      I got up at 0530 each morning for PT, what's wrong with you all?!? :-)
      Yes, your mannerisms were very well observed. You never did look like you were having any fun here. I thought you'd rather be with the Sergeant Major marching up and down the square.

Comment

I got shit for sleep the 4 days I was there because my bed utterly sucked ass. Worst bed I've ever had at the AP.

I hope with the remodeling they plan on buying some beds made in this millenium.

Basically my night was sleep an hour, wake up in pain, roll over out of the middle of the bed, repeat. It's why by Sunday I looked like death warmed over and hungover all to fuck, even though I didn't drink at all the duration of con.

sucked.
        --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
        - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          I got to work today and saw that I had asked for Tuesday off and it had been approved...I could have slept all day! But I worked.
          I did the same thing. I think I got 10 actual hours of sleep the whole week, and it wasnt because I didnt try. I called in sick today, and got my boss to add two days vacation so Im going to "recover" the rest of the week.
          Yes I'm back bitch!

And darker than ever

Comment

Originally posted by Toothpaste
            Well, I was informed of several things I did, via some friends.... little bit of a shocker...

Yeah, I didnt carry anything with me at that time becuase I intended on being in and out of the pools. Of course, I didn't intend on getting -that- plastered.

I'll have to think up something for next year. Maybe a ziplock bag of some basic ID... or something...

OHH OHH pick me ....... how about NOT drinking *quite* that much??? I mean.. I know it's a long shot.. but when you are trying to figure out a way to carry something around so that WHEN you get alcohol poisioning you don't die for any given reason... my 2 centavos
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I got some sleep.. usually 5 hours from 5/6-10 most mornings.
              The last day I was there, after the con I got 2 hours sleep thanks
              to the airlines.

When I finally got home I crashed and slept 15 hours straight. I havent
              done that in a long time.

Comment

Tuesday: 7 hours
                Wed: 9 hours (those two days was at siviak's)
                Thrus: 5 hours
                Friday: 4 hours
                Sat: 3.5 hours
                Sunday 20 min.

Needless to say, I felt like hammered shit by monday...
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Toothpaste
                  Hrm.. well I did pass out at Poolcon (and had that shutdown, Sorry guys!)
                  Gah, and you're local up here too (how embarassing).

Tuesday night: 4 hours
                  Wednesday night: none
                  Thursday night: 4 hours
                  Friday night: 5 hours
                  Saturday night: none
                  Sunday night: 10 hours (to much tequila)

So during con, a total of 5 hours. If you include pre and post events, quite a bit longer.
                  “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Id

Please, as a favor to the goons, and the medics that are there to really help you, write down your name, room number, hotel, and some kind of contact number (friend's cell phone). Date of Birth wouldn't be bad either if we have to send you to the hospital.

I'm absolutely serious here. A lot of people overestimate their ability to drink in the hot desert when they are much more dehydrated than they realize. Several of the drunken/passed out/etc issues could have been much more easily and pleasantly resolved with a phone call to your buddies cell phone or a quick trip to your room.

I'm not asking you to violate your privacy, this info won't come out of your pocket unless you are found incoherent.
                    If you can remember DefCon, you weren't really there...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp
                      Please, as a favor to the goons, and the medics that are there to really help you, write down your name, room number, hotel, and some kind of contact number (friend's cell phone). Date of Birth wouldn't be bad either if we have to send you to the hospital.

I'm absolutely serious here. A lot of people overestimate their ability to drink in the hot desert when they are much more dehydrated than they realize. Several of the drunken/passed out/etc issues could have been much more easily and pleasantly resolved with a phone call to your buddies cell phone or a quick trip to your room.

I'm not asking you to violate your privacy, this info won't come out of your pocket unless you are found incoherent.
                      How bout getting a friend to write with a Sharpie your contact information on your chest? A temporary meat-tag. :D
                      Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Working...
                      X