Maybe a good idea about anonymous proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a good idea about anonymous proxy

i have a good idea,maybe a good one.that is "DDos through anonymous proxy".There are many many free and anonymous proxy on the internet.can i make use of it?is it realizable?

Originally posted by isml
    i have a good idea,maybe a good one.that is "DDos through anonymous proxy".There are many many free and anonymous proxy on the internet.can i make use of it?is it realizable?
    There are many anonymous proxies out there and it may be possible to use them to help create a DDoS, but how would they be used to automate the process?

Consider the difference between a DDoS which uses tens of thousands if not millions of zombies which were infected with a worm, to maybe a few hundred anonymous proxies. Even if you could automate a DDoS through the proxies, you have a few orders of magnitude difference.

Even if millions of zombies attacked through proxies, the proxies are then the weak link and then you piss of users who want to use free anonmization services.

A DDoS with free anonymous proxies would seem to be less effective than present DDoS, would piss of users interested in privacy, risk loss of free anonymization services, and at end game, is still just a DoS.

It does not seem like a good idea from an ethical or technical perspective.

Comment

No good idea has anything to do with DDoS. Don't be a douche.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
        There are many anonymous proxies out there and it may be possible to use them to help create a DDoS, but how would they be used to automate the process?
        I can see one scenario in which an attacking host is scripted to make infinite valid wget requests through multiple (hundreds or thousands) of proxies to a target webserver in order to basically busy it out. However, this isn't really any different to doing it directly from the attacking host, and may in fact be less effective as latencies increase as traffic goes through the proxies - not to mention that if the proxies are logging connections, you've just left a really nice audit trail of your activities through them.

Obviously, this is a scenario that assumes a) an attack on a webserver through http proxies, and b) that not all of the proxies will necessarily have good bandwidth. Other scenarios may work better.

It does not seem like a good idea from an ethical or technical perspective.
        Nope. And...

Originally posted by Chris
        No good idea has anything to do with DDoS. Don't be a douche.
        What Chris said.

Comment

DDos

DDos that exploit Systems generally receive high priority by Law Enforcement because exploits like Code Red and the SQL Worm were major disruptions to the Windows OS so they automatically receive alot of press from most major news mediums. Apparently Windows is the preferred OS/Server in the corporate world so when you mess with DDos that effects large corporations it is going to bring down alot of heat on whoever is responsible for the Denial attack.

So my question is; that your question sounds like you want to use it for some chicken shit reason. So why would you even be considering a proxy (that you think makes you anonymous) to launch a DDos for a stupid reason? (And get in trouble for it) And if it is not for a less than stupid reason I offer you some advice in the future. Don't drop the soap in the washroom of your cellblock because as much as people depricate Law Enforcements abilities eventually they will get you, it is scary what the government can do to you, even if your the best.

Chris and Skroo basically said the same thng if better and more compact I just wanted to expand upon isml's possible motives.
          Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Internet Anonym

you can use that program there, its a free trial, but its supposed to be pretty cool.

Comment

Interesting aside on anonymous proxies.

I set up a web service on a non standard port to show a client an application. Their firewall would only allow http traffic through port 80, so I grabbed an public proxy server and set it in my browser.

When I logged into the forums and it said that my IP was banned. In the middle of sending a WTF email to Nulltone, I remembered that I set my proxy. It looks like a number of public proxies are banned from the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
                Interesting aside on anonymous proxies.

When I logged into the forums and it said that my IP was banned. In the middle of sending a WTF email to Nulltone, I remembered that I set my proxy. It looks like a number of public proxies are banned from the forum.
                I would assume that measure was taken due to the high influx of tards as of late..
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

web based anonymous proxy

I've found a working web based anonymous proxy. I think it's a php script.
                  http://www.ip-privacy.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrbig
                    I've found a working web based anonymous proxy. I think it's a php script.
                    http://www.ip-privacy.com
                    The thread's also been dead for over a year. Well done.

Comment

Congrats on reviving a long dead thread. Go stand by the stairs so the pusher robot can show you the Terrible Secret of Space.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Not to mention he managed to find one of the thousands if not millions of proxies out there.. way to Google!
                        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

lol, I was fully expecting to see http://www.anonymizer.com/ listed....
                          -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Working...
                          X