Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc 12 Swag

What was hot and what was not?

We sold out of most of the clothing items this year and were wondering if we should reorder any of the designs to be sold post con?

Jinx (www.jinxhackwear.com) should have remaining merchandise available for sale from their website in the coming weeks.

Send in your comments...good, bad, indifferent.

Thanks for supporting the con.
    blackbeetle

Hot:
    The courtesy of the vendors
    NEW vendors like boblbee!
    Lots of room to move around
    Quality over quantity

Not:
    Wish they were open longer
    Crowds by the door when the adjacent room had a talk coming up

I am a fan of a huge vendor area, and this year it weas very nice. Glad to see Uncle Ira, Geekwearz and Unix Surplus still there, they are a staple of the con.

Comment

The vendors were friendly, and there was plenty of selection.

The only thing that I was bummed by was how quickly Official Defcon schwag started selling out. I went back to get a hat 5 hours after I registered Friday, and they were out. Other than that, everything was great.
      The dude abides.

Comment

I was a big fan of the Defcon 12 GI joe-esqe shirts, and was quite disappointed to see official swag sell out so quickly. But the vendor area was very nice, and definetly had a lot of great shirts/stickers/etc..
        ----------------
        "Scotch and Vegtables, now that's dinner"

Comment

reorder

the biohazard design shirt - seemed the first to go.
          justazero -
          "Skepticism, like chastity, should not be relinquished too readily."
          - George Santayana

Comment

You guys are bringing a tear to my eye.

Seriously, I am glad folks liked the Vendor Area this year. I really tried to get a good selection of Vendors in rather than 100 T-Shirt vendors. I also tried to keep nice wide aisles. The past couple of years folks have been packed into the Vendor Area like lemmings into shiny metal boxes (tm).

One additional question to Black Beetle's. What type of Vendors would you guys like to see next year. I intend to have most of the Vendors from this year back next year (and most have expressed interest in coming back).

Fab-Corp had originally been given a table but had to pull out at the last minute. I think they'd be a great addition for next year though if we can work the schedules out. Having access to a good selection of wireless gear would be spiffy as a mo-fo I think.

Anyone/thing else you'd like to see? You can either post here, or preferably email me chris at defcon dot org.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I thought the vendor area was great this year, but it would be nice to have more hardware vendors (after all, we're all geeks). Fab-corp would definitely be an awesome addition. I would also like to see a bigger selection of books, particularly the kind that one likes to purchase with cash so as to leave no paper trail.
              --
              Rules to live by:

1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2. If it is broke, shoot it. It will still be broken, but you'll feel better.

Comment

those defcon zippos are the shiznit
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I liked the vendor area this year. I even bought a server. I agree that more comp hardware/ham radio/electronics (components, SBCs, etc)/surplus vendors would be nice as well as more media vendors - more foreign DVDs and somebody that sells uncommon titles like Loompanics

Comment

What type of hardware are you guys hoping to see? It is difficult for the HW vendors to bring out the 'right' stuff since they have to ship or drive everything down. I am going to try to get Fab-corp in next year for sure, but with the two HW vendors that we already have (Unix Surplus and MECO) are there suggestions I can get to them on what they didn't have that you wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                      What type of hardware are you guys hoping to see? It is difficult for the HW vendors to bring out the 'right' stuff since they have to ship or drive everything down. I am going to try to get Fab-corp in next year for sure, but with the two HW vendors that we already have (Unix Surplus and MECO) are there suggestions I can get to them on what they didn't have that you wanted?
                      Fab-Corp would be a nice addition, but in terms of hardware I would like to see a vendor with radio equipment - scanners, ham radio type of stuff, etc. MECO is ok as far as curious military surplus, but they are kinda pricey. In addition, robotics type of electronics - motors, A/D-D/A interface boards, single board computers - PC104, that kind of stuff would be interesting and maybe stimulate more interest in the robot contest.

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
                        ah crap, and I collect zippos too..........fuck, I cant believe I missed them.
                        I don't think you missed them. I'm fairly certain they were gone before they were released to the general public (although I could be wrong on that)

As far as swag goes, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the baby doll tees available for order when I have cash again. I hoped to get one for my kid but ran out of fundage. I loved the biohazard design and the GI-Joe style.
                        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

The Defcon zippo is 'da bomb. As for shirts, the biohazard logo sold out before I made it over to the booth. I believe they sold out in the registration area? I would have liked to pick one of those up.

Different hardware vendors (like wireless and radio) would be great additions to the vendor area (imho).
                          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
                            ah crap, and I collect zippos too..........fuck, I cant believe I missed them.
                            I would of bought one.
                            Al
                            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Let me see what I can do on HAM. AES is local to Vegas and may be willing to get a table, but they will probably require that you show a license to get most of their equipment. I can work on them though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X