Seven people alcohol poisoned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven people alcohol poisoned

We were given reasons Poolcon was closed because of this. Do you know any of these people?

Al
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Highwiz and I got it in writing, I will scan it and post it to 23b.org picture pages. It says:

8/1/04
    To Whom it may Concern:
    The pools were closed at 11pm due to excessive gathering and drinking which in turned (sic) was causing medical emergencies. (numnerous security reports)
    -Greg Willis

So apparently they cannot handle an AFTER defcon party, and the security guard spent all his efforts trying to tell me he was not a security GUARD but a security OFFICER. I wonder if that is like the difference between a red ant and a black ant.

Anyway yesw the pool was closed, or so they say...while Highwiz and I argued with Deputy Dawg, my family was in the pool for a good 30 minutes.

I don't know about Highwiz, but I enjoy a good dose of "The Argument Clinic" now and then, and idiot guards in white at the AP are the perfect softball subjects. :>

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
      We were given reasons Poolcon was closed because of this. Do you know any of these people?

Al
      The guy that passed out by Pool 2 was pretty bad off once he woke up. I was walking by (it was right before I started talking to you over by the hot tub at Pool 1), and the EMTs were telling the guy, "Sir, Your at the Alexis Park. Your staying here sir, you've been here for the past few days. Your in Las Vegas."
      The dude abides.

Comment

Greg and I locked horns as well, and I think you had him good and stirred up by the time I got ahold of him. He was being an utter douchbag. He refused to give me any information that I asked for (general manager, customer service manager, etc). The next manager on duty gave me the contact info for Brenda Graves, whom is the director of operations. Anyone wanting her contact info can PM me and you too can complain to someone that makes more money than Greg.

Originally posted by astcell
        Highwiz and I got it in writing, I will scan it and post it to 23b.org picture pages. It says:

8/1/04
        To Whom it may Concern:
        The pools were closed at 11pm due to excessive gathering and drinking which in turned (sic) was causing medical emergencies. (numnerous security reports)
        -Greg Willis

So apparently they cannot handle an AFTER defcon party, and the security guard spent all his efforts trying to tell me he was not a security GUARD but a security OFFICER. I wonder if that is like the difference between a red ant and a black ant.

Anyway yesw the pool was closed, or so they say...while Highwiz and I argued with Deputy Dawg, my family was in the pool for a good 30 minutes.

I don't know about Highwiz, but I enjoy a good dose of "The Argument Clinic" now and then, and idiot guards in white at the AP are the perfect softball subjects. :>
        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          Remind then that they're job is to "Observe and Report".

They'll appreciate that. It's the #1 rule you are taught when you get your Guard Card. "You're not a police office. YOu are not to interfere. Your job is to Observe and Report."
          --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
          - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Greg was the manager, but the guard jumped in and made decisions. Greg gave up his power and allowed the hotel to become a police state. He's a nice guy but he forgets who is in charge and is easily intimadated.

Comment

Hrm. I suppose if I am the type of person that wants people to be upfront and forward, I should do likewise.

I, if everyone who tells me isn't fibbing, was very drunk during poolcon, passed out, some ambulances were involved. Apparently they wanted to take me away on a stretcher, and I'm told I would have none it.

I don't remember much of sunday night.

Sorry guys, my bad. Totally my fault.

:-(

Additional info: I was the asshat wearing a Pirate flag adorned as a cape.
              :wq

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
                The guy that passed out by Pool 2 was pretty bad off once he woke up. I was walking by (it was right before I started talking to you over by the hot tub at Pool 1), and the EMTs were telling the guy, "Sir, Your at the Alexis Park. Your staying here sir, you've been here for the past few days. Your in Las Vegas."
                I think I passed by him earlier around pool 2 passed out in a chair.
                Didn't realize it was that bad....

Al

Comment

I've had numerous discussions with individuals on how to have a successful poolcon (e.g. one that isn't shutdown WAY to early). Some of these ideas have included;

-telling anyone who is obviously wasted to go back to a room and rest for a bit instead of passing out by the pool
                  -having ppl who do not want to drink monitor those of us who do - keeping us from ruining the decompression session for all participants

Anyone else have any ideas?
                  “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Spahkle, do not start poolcon until about 11pm, and NO MUSIC. And do it in one pool only.

Comment

No Glass Bottles!!!!!!
                      We own everything so you don't have to!

Comment

Originally posted by gzzah
                        No Glass Bottles!!!!!!
                        Dont forget kegs.. they specifically stated Kegs were not allowed.
                        First time Ive ever seen a hotel specifically make that statement.

I must say the bottled beverages rule worked really well seeing how 500 people staying at the Alexis saw it, and the other 5000 attendees didnt.

Comment

8/1/04
                          To Whom it may Concern:
                          -Greg Willis

So, this guy ignored the "Pool 2 Girl + Security Officer/Guard" 4 hour event but he couldn't find a bellhop or get the officer/observer/reporter/guards to help encourage some people to stop drinking and take their drunk asses back to their rooms.

I'm tired of being discriminated against by the moronic majority...
                          That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, I'm just glad I got to hang a little with ast , amy, xo, che and the euro couple.
                            Amsterdam I think?

Al

Comment

Euro couple

Not Amsterdam, but Almere. That's about 25 mins away.
                              You were the guy that kept asking if I was on the forums...

Comment

Working...
                              X