X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Hackwire.com

FBI seeking for recruits at Defcon 12
    Posted by Freaky on 09 Aug 2004 - 02:30

nEsEcTio submits "At the recent Defcon 12 hackers' conference, a well-attended session was "Meet the Feds" where a group of federal cybercrime law enforcement agents were loking for new recruits for cyber-cop jobs.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We're looking for good, talented people. We need a lot of help," said Jim Christy, director of the Defense Department's Cyber Crime Center.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    "The Department of Defense understands how important computers are to defending the United States, and is always on the lookout for good people,"

said Alvin Wallace, a supervisory special agent with the Air Force's Office of Special Investigations.

I copied this from Hackwire News at Hackwire.com. Thought it may be of some interest. This kind of reminds me of back in the 60's and 70's, when I was a member of the Students for a Democratic Society and the Progressive Labor Party...there was always someone trying to say our ranks were filled with FBI informants. Power to the people, power to the working class !!!

I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

That's news?

Defcon and Blackhat have always been excellent opportunities to meet the feds.

This isn't news so much as bad advertising. I dunno, but I think it might not be prudent to encourage a bunch of out of work, mediocre, wanna be feds with the notion that Defcon is fed job fair. On the other hand, it might be argued that the feds are what keep the real riff-raff away and you gotta love that. I hope that folks interested in federal civil service made good connections.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What I got out of it...

From listening to the FEDs, it sounds like their job is more frustraiting than mine. They dig up a ton of dirt on someone, then the prosecutor says, "Nah! Not interested in that one. Go get the guy who pissed off my brother in law." At least when one of my projects gets put on the back burner, I get a chance to dredge it up later.

Slasher.

Comment

Working...
      X