HTTP Headers are not my friend today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP Headers are not my friend today.

hmmm this is sorta tricky to explain but ill do my best.

I searched high and low, but RFC's arn't giving me the answer im looking for.

I need to get a specific header field value. However i just cant do a normal "get" request because since the site requires authentication it redirects.

Dont get me wrong, i have credentials and stuff, my question is though:

Is there a way to pre-authenticate using my credentials to the server then send a get request to obtain my headerfield of the specific URL? (using telnet) ^_~ (that's the stupid part)

and if so could you happen to point me to the right direction guys/gals?

and if it comes down to me having to write code <_< then is it possible todo it in perl because that's the only code im actully combfortable with?

Thanks again dudes. =)

-xchris.
    -Christopher

Originally posted by xChris
    hmmm this is sorta tricky to explain but ill do my best.

I searched high and low, but RFC's arn't giving me the answer im looking for.

I need to get a specific header field value. However i just cant do a normal "get" request because since the site requires authentication it redirects.

Dont get me wrong, i have credentials and stuff, my question is though:

Is there a way to pre-authenticate using my credentials to the server then send a get request to obtain my headerfield of the specific URL? (using telnet) ^_~ (that's the stupid part)

and if so could you happen to point me to the right direction guys/gals?

and if it comes down to me having to write code <_< then is it possible todo it in perl because that's the only code im actully combfortable with?

Thanks again dudes. =)

-xchris.

I'm not sure what you mean by pre-authenticate, but you do authentication using cURL . I often need to screenscrape sites with RFC2716 authentication (simple or digest) and cURL works just dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
      I'm not sure what you mean by pre-authenticate, but you do authentication using cURL . I often need to screenscrape sites with RFC2716 authentication (simple or digest) and cURL works just dandy.
      O.o Your site isnt being too friendly to me right now =\. its taking just bit log to load (not loading at all actully.)

Thanks =D

-xchris
      -Christopher

Comment

O.o Your site isnt being too friendly to me right now =\. its taking just bit log to load (not loading at all actully.)

Thanks =D

-xchris
        Try again, its loading ok now. Was a bit sticky this morning, but the comcast DNS performance has always been less than stellar.

Comment

Try again, its loading ok now. Was a bit sticky this morning, but the comcast DNS performance has always been less than stellar.
          Oh werid, it says OSX already has it on it's system. Ill give it a try after work.

thanks murakami, i hope this does the job. Ill keep ya posted.

-xchris
          -Christopher

Comment

Oh werid, it says OSX already has it on it's system. Ill give it a try after work.

thanks murakami, i hope this does the job. Ill keep ya posted.

-xchris

Awww, now you're giving me more reasons to buy a Mac. Damn you!! Damn you to hell!! :D :D

Comment

Awww, now you're giving me more reasons to buy a Mac. Damn you!! Damn you to hell!! :D :D
              I love my mac. osx <3
              -Christopher

Comment

Working...
              X