Campus Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campus Network

The network at my Campus is absolutely ridiculous. Everytime you want to change websites you have to re enter your username and password, there isn't a box to check that remembers it. Just from clicking the post button here I had to enter my username and password. We can't download anything and online games don't work. Its ridiculous.

I read the acceptable use policy and it says that we should be able to play games online and download stuff. So this isn't happening, is there anything I can do to my configuration that can bypass this bullshit?

try talking to upperclassmen. they've been through it and most likely have some remedies. that is, of course, if this isn't a new concept.

Comment

Originally posted by white1ce
      The network at my Campus is absolutely ridiculous. Everytime you want to change websites you have to re enter your username and password, there isn't a box to check that remembers it. Just from clicking the post button here I had to enter my username and password. We can't download anything and online games don't work. Its ridiculous.
      All of your HTTP traffic is most likely going through either a proxy or firewall that requires authentication. Once authenticated, you're usually good for a certain period of inactivity before it times out and you have to reenter your credentials. Might want to check that the timeout period hasn't got cranked down somehow; call the CS helpdesk.

I read the acceptable use policy and it says that we should be able to play games online and download stuff. So this isn't happening, is there anything I can do to my configuration that can bypass this bullshit?
      Not really, though you may be able to use an external proxy for web traffic. Honestly, though, have you tried calling your internal helpdesk? It sounds as though there's a configuration error somewhere, possibly on the devices that are meant to allow or disallow access to the web, and until the issue is fixed you're going to be stuck with this problem.

Comment

There may also be a cookie or session id going on behind the scenes as well. Check your browser settings to make sure you are not refusing any of those. But definitely try your school's helpdesk.

Good luck.
        Aut disce aut discede

Comment

I will try the help desk on monday, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X