• Show
Clear All

• How do I carry my iMac G5?

Oh wait, Apple has the answer!
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Bascule,
    Is it possible that the technique mentioned would work on a Windows system??

Comment

Originally posted by Clp727
      Bascule,
      Is it possible that the technique mentioned would work on a Windows system??
      I don't know, but I hear Windows and Mac have a lot of compatibility issues, so my guess would be no
      [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
        Apple, the only company with 5 sentence directions for most products.
        The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
          Apple, the only company with 5 sentence directions for most products.
          And they work!...I am also getting a Mac (iBook).

Comment

I am not usually a style over substance kind of guy...but the G5 is the spiffiest looking computer I have ever seen.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Apple G5

The fastest supercomputer in the world is made out of apple G5's all linked and honey-combed together.
              Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by chris
                not usually a style over substance kind of guy...but the G5 is the spiffiest looking computer I have ever seen.
                Indeed! And it's certainly not lacking in substance either, considering it has a full desktop processor inside...

Originally posted by allentrace
                The fastest supercomputer in the world is made out of apple G5's all linked and honey-combed together.
                According to Top500 the NEC Earth Simulator is still the world's fastest supercomputer. I don't even see the Virginia Tech cluster on the list anymore.
                [ redacted ]

Comment

According to Top500 the NEC Earth Simulator is still the world's fastest supercomputer. I don't even see the Virginia Tech cluster on the list anymore.
                  Your right. I could swear though that it was a group of 49 G5's down at Georgia Tech in their ST building.
                  Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Are you going to do this to yours??
                    http://www.kodawarisan.com/imacg5/imacg501.html

Comment

If I ever get an iMac G5, I will most certainly not be dismantling it
                      [ redacted ]

Comment

If I ever get an iMac G5, I will most certainly not be dismantling it

I came very close to buying my wife a G5. I ended up getting her an iBook instead. I feel like I have been seduced by the dark side.

Comment

How has the iBook been so far? I am thinking of getting an iBook or a Powerbook but still cant decide yet. Going to be my first Mac too.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedc1760
                            How has the iBook been so far? I am thinking of getting an iBook or a Powerbook but still cant decide yet. Going to be my first Mac too.

Had I been buying it for myself I would have gone with the Powerbook. My wife is mainly using it for web, mail, and photo editing so the iBook was plenty for her needs. I don't know how a person survives without a PCMCIA slot.

Overall, I think the iBook is pretty spiffy. If you don't need 'Power User' functionality, I would go with it. If you plan to do more than the basics, I would step on up to the Powerbook.

That said, I would see what feedback, if any, you get from bascule, FAWCR, or other long time Mac users since their input is probably more valuable.

Comment

Thanks for the information,I too will be using it for basic need's so thats why I am leaning more towards the iBook. The Powerbook, is nice but pushes my budget a bit.
                              PS. Some more feedback would be nice,

Comment

Working...
                              X