Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More reasons for me to hate hollywood l33t

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More reasons for me to hate hollywood l33t

    The new Trey Parker and Matt Stone film Team America is set to open Oct. 15th, the funny part about this film is that even without a final cut of the film in release Hollywood Mega Stars are already drafting law suits for defamation of character due to the likeness of the dolls in the films and the actions they take where
    a team of Hollywood actors who descend on Korea for a misguided peace conference.
    ***The group of air-headed puppets, led by Alec Baldwin, is dubbed the Film Actors Guild. Among Baldwin's liberal associates are usual suspects Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Danny Glover, Janeane Garofalo, George Clooney, Ethan Hawke, Matt Damon and a few who seem like they were thrown in for no reason: Helen Hunt, Samuel L. Jackson and Liv Tyler. (None of these actors gave permission for their likenesses to be used. Most will not be amused by their depictions.)
    Baldwin, in particular, comes in for a lot of baiting, as he is often referred to facetiously as "the greatest actor in the world." Luckily, the real Alec has a sense of humor. Hopefully, Sarandon won't mind when she gets her head blown off. (Ohh sweet justice)
    There's more and there's Moore in "Team America," including a Michael Moore puppet, a stretch DeLorean, a hollowed-out Mount Rushmore used as the Team America lair, and, of course, more irreverent songs, including one devoted to Bruckheimer director Michael Bay and his god awful blockbuster "Pearl Harbor."

    Paris, most of Egypt and plenty of other landmarks are blown up, all so Team America can, as their credo goes, "put the F back in freedom."***

    ***Denoted fox news report, I got tired of typing.

    In the end it is the fact that I like Hollywood assholes being made to look like the idiots they are that means that I will see the film. And the fact that Paris gets blown to hell and the theme song is called "Blame Canada" al la South Park.

    Ohh yeah and our society is definitely going to hell in a hand basket when a film depicting Puppets in oral "acts" is made. Which they narrowly missed the NC-17 rating.

    Team America Trailer
    Did Everquest teach you that?

  • #2
    Originally posted by allentrace
    The new Trey Parker and Matt Stone film Team America is set to open Oct. 15th, the funny part about this film is that even without a final cut of the film in release Hollywood Mega Stars are already drafting law suits for defamation of character due to the likeness of the dolls in the films and the actions they take where
    a team of Hollywood actors who descend on Korea for a misguided peace conference.
    Fuck 'em. Living as I do eight miles from the Belly of the Beast and having worked in that industry before in a non-IT production capacity, these fuckers have had an open, unchallengeable forum for their lopsided views for far too long. If they can't deal with the fact that they aren't the mouthpiece of America they so desperately want to be, they can go eat a big bag of cold shit as far as I'm concerned.

    Leftfield summed it up best when John Lydon provided the chorus of 'Open Up' a decade ago: "Burn, Hollywood, Burn'.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by skroo
      Fuck 'em. Living as I do eight miles from the Belly of the Beast and having worked in that industry before in a non-IT production capacity, these fuckers have had an open, unchallengeable forum for their lopsided views for far too long. If they can't deal with the fact that they aren't the mouthpiece of America they so desperately want to be, they can go eat a big bag of cold shit as far as I'm concerned.

      Leftfield summed it up best when John Lydon provided the chorus of 'Open Up' a decade ago: "Burn, Hollywood, Burn'.
      Skroo you have convinced me to vote for you in 04.' With such sound reasoning I believe you are the right man to pee in hollywood's drink.
      Did Everquest teach you that?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by allentrace
        Skroo you have convinced me to vote for you in 04.' With such sound reasoning I believe you are the right man to pee in hollywood's drink.

        No kidding...as I read that I was thinking "wow, that is exactly how I feel put into ASCII perfectly..."

        LosT

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by skroo
          Leftfield summed it up best when John Lydon provided the chorus of 'Open Up' a decade ago: "Burn, Hollywood, Burn'.
          Tied in with that, 'Open Up' was on that *most* auspicious of movie sountracks...Hackers. Great soundtrack though, regardless of the flick.
          Last edited by AlxRogan; October 6, 2004, 07:59. Reason: bah
          Aut disce aut discede

          Comment


          • #6
            I'll give Parker & Stone credit for calling bullshit on the rest of them - it's about time, and fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. As for your support, it is much appreciated and the 2004 'Eat Shit' ticket is very grateful for your support. I don't know how many cushy government jobs will be left after what will hopefully be a successful campaign, but what remains will certainly be offered to those who have loyally supported me. So will a helicopter and some Ferraris.

            Comment

            Working...
            X