Equilibrium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equilibrium

i just watched a great movie last night called equilibrium. a lot of people at work told me to check it out and i'm glad i did. maybe comparable to the matrix...futuristic movie with awesome fight scenes and decent story.

since it's not all that popular (couldn't even find it in local video stores), i decided to let everyone know. it's a 2002 flick.

check it out

I think that is the only movie I have seen in the theatre three times. The people responsible for Defcon TV have played it twice now, with the most recent request coming directly from Dark Tangent.

While not entirely original, it did get a lot of things right while scoring quite a few "cool points". :)

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
      While not entirely original, it did get a lot of things right while scoring quite a few "cool points". :)
      Yeah, I have to agree on that. There's a lot of Fahrenheit 451 in it (recommended viewing), as well as other movies with similar themes or settings. I wasn't all that impressed with it when I saw it, but I've been told I was in a bad mood that day, so it's entirely possible that I was just taking it out on the flick.

Having said that, it had a really cool visual sense. One thing that really stuck with me was how they used mildly-reskinned right-hand-drive Cadillac Sevilles as the Transport of the Future.

Comment

Originally posted by atripes
        i just watched a great movie last night called equilibrium. a lot of people at work told me to check it out and i'm glad i did. maybe comparable to the matrix...futuristic movie with awesome fight scenes and decent story.

since it's not all that popular (couldn't even find it in local video stores), i decided to let everyone know. it's a 2002 flick.

check it out

O yes the incredible Equilibrium. Great movie very good. It stars Christian Bale. I have the movie on my computer, its that good. The movie is a great one to pull up when you are really pissed and just want to see some violence unleashed. The choreography in it was amazing. There was one part that I was unsatisfied with. Which was at the end. When Clerk (Christian Bale) takes a Samurai sword and cuts the face off of another Clerk. It’s very funny to watch over because the graphics weren’t that hot. But it’s a 10 on my scale any day.

Gormless

Comment

Originally posted by Gormless
          The movie is a great one to pull up when you are really pissed and just want to see some violence unleashed.
          To those who haven't seen the movie, your statement might give the wrong impression. While the "gun kata" scenes were very enjoyable, the majority of the movie is not violent.

Which was at the end.
          And the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie of the same name. For my money, that comment was a bit of a spoiler... ;)

Comment

Yeah, and he's going to be the new Batman too...maybe the gun kata will become bat-a-rang kata now...

LosT

Comment

Crap, I have seen the beginning, a little of the middle, and just the part where he slices the male model's face off. Hmm, time to hit usenet ...

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                To those who haven't seen the movie, your statement might give the wrong impression. While the "gun kata" scenes were very enjoyable, the majority of the movie is not violent.

And the Titanic sinks at the end of the movie of the same name. For my money, that comment was a bit of a spoiler... ;)
                LoL Very true it’s not a violent movie, but the gun scenes were choreographed very well I thought. A lot of people say it’s a “copy cat” of the Matrix. I personally don’t think it is. They both were released in the same year I believe. The difference in the two is that Equilibrium does not use “bullet time”(slow motion). I would suggest it to most everyone.

Comment

When Clerk (Christian Bale) takes a Samurai sword and cuts the face off of another Clerk.
                  I think I probably laughed for 2 minutes straight when that happened. Hilarious that they built it up like it was going to be some huge fight scene, then that happened.

-zac
                  %54%68%69%73%20%69%73%20%6E%6F%74%20%68%65%78

Comment

Originally posted by atripes
                    check it out
                    It is on sale in your local Wal-Mart. Also it is available online, here is a link.
                    http://www.filmjudge.ca/e/equillibrium.htm

Though, the caption on the front "Move over Matrix" is sort of umm, over-rated...the movie still has an excellent story line, and I definitly love the gun fights.
                    -Ridirich

"When you're called upon to do anything, and you're not ready to do it, then you've failed."

Commander W.H. Hamilton

Comment

Working...
                    X