Bootable cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootable cd

I was wondering if someone would tell me how to make a bootable cd.
    Here is want I am wanting. I want to take windows xp pro and make it a bootable cd.
    "If two wrongs don't make a right, try three"

Google is your friend.

So are the rules.

This one is free:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...bootable+xp+cd

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Google is your friend.

So are the rules.

This one is free:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...bootable+xp+cd
      The First one is always free...then before you know it you are pawning your mother's pearl earrings in order to get more........tips from google?
      Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Sorry guy forgot about google and about the rules. It won't happen again.
        I understand why you have them and I respect the rules. But people make mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by 1s.Nix
          ...But people make mistake.
          Typos too. :>

Comment

I personally am a big fan of Bart's PE Builder, you can create your own custom boot CD with apps of your choice (Ghost, Cain and Abel, Anti-Virus, etc.) It's akin to WinPE, a deployment tool designed by M$. It's a great recovery and maintenance tool for when your hard drive goes tits-up, or anything else of the sort. Don't tell anybody ;), but this can also be a great hacker tool as well, provided you have physical access to the target machine, or network conectivity to said target. All you need to do is boot to this disk, and you have full read/write access to NTFS drives (logged on as SYSTEM) as well as network access for any machine in the domain.

It takes some building and lots of time, but the end result is worth it. The support forums are a wealth of information as well. Give it a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-Spider

Comment

Sound sweet.I will check it out and thxs for the info.

Comment

your making pirated windows xp cd's ???

thats illegal

or are you just backing yours up?

if so just use alcohol and use image making/burning wizard

LAN PARTY HQ ::

Comment

Woah there, who said anything about pirating?
                  This utility is for creating a rescue CD from YOUR Windows disk using core componants of the OS to make a bootable CD. As long as you have a valid copy of Windows XP to work from, it's completely legal. It's like making a backup of your disk, but you can customize it by adding third party apps as plug-ins. I suggest reading this post for the legality issues. Bear in mind this threads topic is about corporate use of Bart's PE Builder, but you'll get the same basic rights for home use. Like I said in a previous post, "...the support forums are a wealth of information..." and I suggest reading through them, as well as Bart's site located here.

As long as you own your copy of Windows, and you aren't trying to use this as your primary OS, you're OK to use it on your machine (it has to do with the whole 'running two copys of Windows on the same machine at the same time' thing). I'm not a lawyer or anything so check the postings on the CDforums; it's been discussed many times there.

Read up, and have fun!

-Spider

Comment

[QUOTE=komi]your making pirated windows xp cd's ???
                    thats illegal
                    QUOTE]

No it is not. Just like AOL CDs, there is no limit. An XP CD is only $25. It is the license code that costs the bucks.

Comment

Too true. Or you could just go over to India and buy a copy for $3 on the street corner...

-Spider

Comment

Working...
                      X