Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ndiswrapper and some Other Thing

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

Before I get any farther, I'm using Mandrake Linux 10.0 with a Linksys WPC54G Notebook Adapter.

This is a question for all of you people who have used ndiswrapper. I've installed Ndiswrapper, modprobe works, but eth0 is non-existent for some reason. Very strange...I'll scour up more details later, but I don't want to do it in vain. Anyone know much about ndiswrapper?

In other news, a nice commercial wrapper is at linuxant.org

It works well, I've used a trial of it, but it cost $20 and I'm a cheap man (especially since I'm saving up for a new computer... I'm using a 6 year old Dell. I was computer illiterate at the time).

Originally posted by xKelbax
    http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
    Before I get any farther, I'm using Mandrake Linux 10.0 with a Linksys WPC54G Notebook Adapter.
    This is a question for all of you people who have used ndiswrapper. I've installed Ndiswrapper, modprobe works, but eth0 is non-existent for some reason. Very strange...I'll scour up more details later, but I don't want to do it in vain. Anyone know much about ndiswrapper?
    In other news, a nice commercial wrapper is at linuxant.org
    It works well, I've used a trial of it, but it cost $20 and I'm a cheap man (especially since I'm saving up for a new computer... I'm using a 6 year old Dell. I was computer illiterate at the time).
    The builtin Dell 1350 b/g on my D600 shows up as wlan0 when I use ndiswrapper. I don't use the wpa supplicant (yet), but WEP works fantastic. Pretty stock FC2 for the distribution, 2.6.8
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Whoops, I meant it doesn't show wlan0, not eth0.

Thanks for saying wlan0, it made me realize my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by xKelbax
        Whoops, I meant it doesn't show wlan0, not eth0.

Thanks for saying wlan0, it made me realize my mistake.
        On mine, I use my own scripts to create the ifcfg-wlan0 files instead of the provided networking tool. I tried on a co-workers machine to use that tool, and it was unable to find the device to create a conf file for it. Might want to try creating that file manually and see if it will come up.

Good luck
        Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Working...
        X