Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Web Pages

Hi again guys (and girls)

I have been given an assignment about dynamic web pages and it has to be completed by monday.

I have been searching the net but i keep finding information that goes too deep into the topic which is proving quite hard for me to break down and simplify.

The report outline is below and im trying to find information for any of the topics

Introduction. Describe the objectives and reason for the report
    Enabling technologies. Identify and describe the enabling technologies for integrating databases and the WWW
    Using databases on the WWW. Provide descriptions of the various uses of databases on the WWW
    Benefits and drawbacks. Highlight the benefits and drawbacks of technology and, concepts and methods of integrating these two technologies
    Case study. Drawing upon the points raised in higher chapters, present a case-study to describe a real world example
    Conclusions. From your research you should attempt to summarise the main points and provide your own view of the topic

If anyone can point me in the right direction (or write the assignment for me) i would be very greatful

Cheers guys (and girls)

Originally posted by FunkyChicken

I have been given an assignment about dynamic web pages and it has to be completed by monday.

I have been searching the net but i keep finding information that goes too deep into the topic which is proving quite hard for me to break down and simplify.

The report outline is below and im trying to find information for any of the topics

Enabling technologies. Identify and describe the enabling technologies for integrating databases and the WWW
    Using databases on the WWW. Provide descriptions of the various uses of databases on the WWW
    Benefits and drawbacks. Highlight the benefits and drawbacks of technology and, concepts and methods of integrating these two technologies
    Case study. Drawing upon the points raised in higher chapters, present a case-study to describe a real world example
    Conclusions. From your research you should attempt to summarise the main points and provide your own view of the topic

If anyone can point me in the right direction (or write the assignment for me) i would be very greatful

Cheers guys (and girls)
    First of all, "Dynamic Web pages" is not specific enough...

Secondly, I have no faith in education anymore if you people can't do your own work...research is a skill that needs to be better understood by the ignorant that are getting out of schools these days...

Learn to learn.

All of these do my homework posts are really pissing me off...

LosT

Comment

Cheers guys (and girls)
      I'm sorry, but wasn't the assignment given to you?
      -- dev_zero@

Comment

He has learned to outsource already.

Comment

It was given to me and yes i know i have to search for information myself

I have completed the assignment but i want to improve it

Most sites my searches point to are far too technical. I need something more basic and that talks about dynamic web pages in general.

All i want to do is make my essay better. If u think i havnt done it check my assignment here.

ERROR

So first of all, when i said do it for me, that was a joke
          Yes the assignment was given to me, which i why im trying to research as much as i can (asking here is research)

So can some please read it and tell me if anything im saying in it is wrong.

Im sorry for the miss-understanding. At no time would i want to cheat. I pay £1100 per year to goto University, i would not want that money to goto waste. I want to learn at uni. Cheats never prosper (sp?)
          Last edited by FunkyChicken; November 14, 2004, 08:51.

Comment

FunkyChicken, You will note that I edited the url you posted to something a little less revealing. You see, I noticed that your link went to a document that contained your full name, student number, and name of your school. Please remember what sort of forum this is. I'm thinking you didn't carefully consider what this information could mean in the hands of someone with weak ethics. While those of us who actively participate on these forums don't condone such behaviour, we cannot control everyone who may read it.

If you decide that you'd like everyone here to see that information in spite of this warning, feel free to post it again. Personally, I'd suggest that if you'd like to post this, save a new document which has this information removed and link to that instead. Your call.
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

updated

http://uk.geocities.com/ceri.matt@bt....com/index.htm

please ignor graphic problems

Comment

I think they lost me at "I have been given an assignment about"
                Where's the dedication?

Comment

I honestly think you should spend more time with grammar and composition. It was a painful to read. The fourth sentence is representative of the overall paper:

The idea behind a database-driven web site is to separate the front-end design of the page and the content behind the scenes, which is kept on a database.
                  Say it with clarity, brevity, and no affectation; e.g.:

"A database driven website separates the front-end design of the web page from the content, which is kept in a database."

Oh yeah, I also find your email address in the site URI amusing.

Comment

that bloody email address is there without choice

BTs free webspace comes with the terms that it must be used through Yahoos Geocities

i had to register with that crappy email address, luckily i dont use it and instead use other email addresses.

Comment

Cheers guys (and girls)
                      My guess is all this was covered over about 3 weeks of classes. It's not very hard to understand if you have a clue (no offense)
                      |

Comment

yeah.. I seem to remember college going something like:

1) Skip out on classes because they cover shit you already know
                        2) Drop in to hand in assignments as needed
                        3) Stay minimal amount of time on exam days
                        4) Get A
                        5) Supplement with effort as needed to accomplish Step 4

... I don't remember the part about 'Contact group of hackers on public forum to spoon feed my work for me'.. maybe times have changed.
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                          yeah.. I seem to remember college going something like:

1) Skip out on classes because they cover shit you already know
                          2) Drop in to hand in assignments as needed
                          3) Stay minimal amount of time on exam days
                          4) Get A
                          5) Supplement with effort as needed to accomplish Step 4

... I don't remember the part about 'Contact group of hackers on public forum to spoon feed my work for me'.. maybe times have changed.
                          hahahaha, so true.
                          Where's the dedication?

Comment

I wish Uni was that easy :(.
                            There is a policy here not to give out A for a programming lab. And if our supervisor does think someone deserves it they have to have a meeting with all the other people to justify it all etc. Means the highest make you can realistically get is B+.
                            Twigman

Comment

Working...
                            X