blocked access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blocked access

In Programming class at school, our class must download some projects off the internet for reference. In doing so, our teacher told us to type .nyud.net:8090 after the ".com" in order to bypass the school web blocker. He mentioned something about a proxy server or something, however, some sites are still blocked. As far as I know, the .nyud.net:8090 means that I use a university in New York to bypass the school blocker. Why aren't all sites accessable then?
    Don't be a jerk.

Originally posted by Adeon
    In Programming class at school, our class must download some projects off the internet for reference. In doing so, our teacher told us to type .nyud.net:8090 after the ".com" in order to bypass the school web blocker. He mentioned something about a proxy server or something, however, some sites are still blocked. As far as I know, the .nyud.net:8090 means that I use a university in New York to bypass the school blocker. Why aren't all sites accessable then?
    Open Internet Explorer, then click;

Tools-->Internet Options-->Connections Tab-->Lan Settings-->

Make sure use a proxy server is ticked, then enter details like this

Address: nyud.net Port: 8090

If that dont work then try im screwed

Comment

It's like the blind leading the blind....

LosT

Comment

http://www.infoanarchy.org/story/2004/8/27/8217/21950

Check out this site, and if you have other questions, you may need to read up further on "proxy servers".

Good luck,
        Aut disce aut discede

Comment

it may be that the sites that you are visiting are hosted on the .nyud.net server. remember, to reach the server on the outside, you still have to through your schools blocks. Maybe your network admin made the acl's for your school allow .nyud.net and still disallow everyone else.

**just my opinion, please don't flame if i am wrong :(

Comment

just use

www.mysticproxy.com
            OR
            www.webwarper.com (note: when using, put your cursor over the blue box and make sure the advert is on, it will originally be off so click it to turn it on)

Comment

Originally posted by Donkey hole
              just use

www.mysticproxy.com
              OR
              www.webwarper.com (note: when using, put your cursor over the blue box and make sure the advert is on, it will originally be off so click it to turn it on)

What's with all the posting after like half a year...just let it go.
              Answering easy questions since 1987
              Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Second
                What's with all the posting after like half a year...just let it go.
                "Live in the now man!"
                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

hmm.

makes sence that the sites to go to might be mirrored at the site, but then whats the port # for. might be another, less strict filtering proxy that the schools filtering system lets be accessed.

(off topic: setting the proxy as www.google.com:0 lets you look at web-site caches block free)

Comment

Just use Jap

Try JAP
                    assuming you are using Win or Linux....

Comment

Try Jap

Try Jap
                      Under scroogle scrape.orgr (my favorite)
                      Search Jap
                      awesome SOftware....

Comment

Originally posted by cristisphoto
                        Try JAP
                        assuming you are using Win or Linux....

...why would you do this? The person asking this question has not logged on to the forums in eight months. If he ever reads what you wrote, it probably won't be relavant.
                        Answering easy questions since 1987
                        Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Working...
                        X