This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding IP Address Via Dos

Sorry to start a new thread on this, but the one in Computer Security was closed. I ran a google search and searched here but couldn't find anything.

This may sound stupid, but I'm a DOS noob, sry.

How do I find the IP Address of my webserver through DOS? Also is there a way to see what Operating System my server is running on through DOS? Of course I can simply call them and ask a tech what my IP is and what OPSYS it's running on, but I would like to know how to do it myself.

Thanks in advance
    |

When you say DOS, are you referring to a command-line interface (CLI) for something like Unix/Linux or Windows? If so, ipconfig /all in Windows or ifconfig -a in Unix/Linux should accomplish that.
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Thanks for the reply...

What I want to do is basically through DOS or anything else, find the IP address of my webserver i.e. not my home pc.

So is there a way to say to DOS:

Find the IP address of http://digitalosophy.com ?

Thanks again

btw my I don't have remote access of my webserver so i'd have to do it from here.
      |

Comment

nslookup or dig will give you the remote IP

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

ping and tracert will resolve and display it also, iirc.. including netbios and wins naming, depending on how the network is/isn't configured
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Here you go

Here is the thing that you gotta do
            First you are going to open ur web address and you are going to open ur prompt and write netsat-n and u ll see the ip address of ur web address

NOTE:Make sure that u r not connect any other servers(which means do not open ur messenger or firewall or whatever.... just open website that you want to find Ip pf)
            PEACE AT HOME PEACE IN THE WORLD

Mustafa kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by digitalosophy
              So is there a way to say to DOS:

Find the IP address of http://digitalosophy.com ?
              run cmd.exe

ping digitalosophy.com

result: [66.235.219.164]

hope that answers your question
              Answering easy questions since 1987
              Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Turk
                Here is the thing that you gotta do
                First you are going to open ur web address and you are going to open ur prompt and write netsat-n and u ll see the ip address of ur web address

NOTE:Make sure that u r not connect any other servers(which means do not open ur messenger or firewall or whatever.... just open website that you want to find Ip pf)
                That method seems to add a lot of unnecessary complications to the process when running nslookup would do the trick just fine. Kind of like driving around in your car tuned to the weather channel so you can find a rainstorm to clean your car off when there's a car wash only two blocks away from your house. *shrug*

Comment

1: Console <> DOS

1a: cmd.exe <> command.com

2: Why God why?

3: netstat -n, but be sure to not be connected to anything else?? WTFKINDAMICKEYMOUSE?

0: Closed.. more ways to find an IP than you needed... including some really retarded ones
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                  X