Social Engineering..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Engineering..........

Intriguing... dont you think? Im most interested in this topic. Anyone know much about it?

Originally posted by Gen0cid3
    Intriguing... dont you think? Im most interested in this topic. Anyone know much about it?
    Normally Defcon would be a great place to discuss this, but as you may have seen, Defcon 13 has been cancelled.
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

There have been various attempts in the history of DefCon to have social engineering competitions and/or demonstrations. There have also been presentations on SE-related topics such as NLP, lie detection, and people have provided stories on how they have used SE to get various tasks accomplished.

Why not be more specific? Ask questions without obvious answers.

Comment

Anyone know much about it?

Yes, there are people who know much about it..

Glad I could help.

Comment

Heh... thanks wiz =P I wanna start being able to do such things... i think myself to be a pretty good "salesmen" as it were. About DefCon13 being cancelled. hasnt this happened every year? and isnt every year it back up again? at least, thats what ive read.. i really would like to go. also, have there been any kind of demonstrations for SE? is there an "official schedule" for DC13? Sorry for not asking any specific questions... id just like to know peoples opinions on it, and perhaps stories and the like. It was a general post.. forgive me

thanks... Gen

Comment

also, have there been any kind of demonstrations for SE?
            Yes.

is there an "official schedule" for DC13?
            In December? No, not at all. The call for papers isn't until February.

It was a general post.
            Ask a general question, get a general answer. (Or is that, "Ask a general question, get ridiculed"?)

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...e&s=books&st=*

Well hot dang, look at that amazing amont of information.
              - Programmer -

Comment

also, have there been any kind of demonstrations for SE?

hehehehehe..... just hang out around the Scavenger Hunt table.... bring something to take notes with .
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

its a "born with it, or born without it" kinda thing. but there are some talks at defcon that will put you "born without it" people on the right track, or tease you with the possibility of becoming great and powerfull...
                  the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

If you can give a social engineering talk that will impress Kevin Mitnick, then you'll be on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                      If you can give a social engineering talk that will impress Kevin Mitnick, then you'll be on to something.
                      Or at least give a social engineering talk that Mitnick does not have to bail out the speaker...

Joe Klein actually did a good talk on SE'ing for PhreakNIC 8.. video here.
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                        Joe Klein actually did a good talk on SE'ing for PhreakNIC 8.. video here.
                        It would have been even more impressive if he were the one who wrote it.
                        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                          It would have been even more impressive if he were the one who wrote it.
                          True.. and if he had not given us his "How to SE girls at Hooters into letting you cop a cheap feel" talk while in the hallway.
                          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                            True.. and if he had not given us his "How to SE girls at Hooters into letting you cop a cheap feel" talk while in the hallway.
                            I thought that was at a titty bar? I just remember they were fake... doesn't take much of an SE to get a feel with those... after $5k, they WANT you to touch them!
                            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Have anyone here read The Art Of Deception? I'm thinking of bying it.. Not that I ever will one of those great SE guys.. Is it a good book?
                              -- dev_zero@

Comment

Working...
                              X