Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lockpicking contest at the Cancelled 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockpicking contest at the Cancelled 13?

This is kind of a pointless question since defcon13 was cancelled, but was there ever a lockpicking contest to be planned for this con? Kinda curious about it, because I've had very little luck so far but I do like picking locks. So if anyone has any information about this, theoretically of course since the con is cancelled, could you please let me know?
    We thought technology would be the answer, instead it brought more questions. We thought that hackers were the answer, instead we got laughed at. We've resolved that books are the answer, they make a good fuel source for fires.

Originally posted by Kenderkin17
    This is kind of a pointless question since defcon13 was cancelled, but was there ever a lockpicking contest to be planned for this con? Kinda curious about it, because I've had very little luck so far but I do like picking locks. So if anyone has any information about this, theoretically of course since the con is cancelled, could you please let me know?
    Last year (DC12) the LP section for DC12 [Defcon 12 Lockpicking Contest]did not get created in the forums until about 2 months before the con. Since there have been lock picking events over several of the recent DC [the earlier were from people bringing locks for each other, then to mounted to wooden blocks for people to practice in one of the public areas, and then the most recent, which was a full contest], I would expect there would be another for DC13.

When you look at the present DC13 site you will notice the page seems rather empty compared to the many events and items in the DC12 page from last year.

Expect the present DC13 site to change over the next 4 months with more events and items added and more information about events, and speakers.

By July 1, you should have a really good indication of the events which will take place.

Even though DC is much better organized now than it was during DefCon 5, there are still last minute changes.

Conclusion: Have patience, always have backup plans, and allow your plans to be as fluid as possible for DefCon.
    Last edited by TheCotMan; January 16, 2005, 18:26. Reason: added links

Comment

Gotcha. Just figured things kind of fell together, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
      We thought technology would be the answer, instead it brought more questions. We thought that hackers were the answer, instead we got laughed at. We've resolved that books are the answer, they make a good fuel source for fires.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenderkin17
        Gotcha. Just figured things kind of fell together, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
        Patience has its own reward.

Comment

DEFCON has been cancelled?!?!

Guess I'll be drinking by myself at the lock boards this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Kai
            DEFCON has been cancelled?!?!

Guess I'll be drinking by myself at the lock boards this year!

ill join ya

Comment

Working...
            X