red@target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red@target?

i am looking for a british program called red@target, i have tried google and i couldnt find it, but when i did the search the @ in red@target never showed in the search, so maybe someone can tell me where i can find the program, or when i am searching for the program how i can make the @ show in the search, any help is welcome and i thank you for any help you may provide me.
    before asking a retarded question, google it. google knows all.

well here is results with the @ character included, at least I think, I've been wrong before.

But maybe you would find it easier if you told us what exactly the program does. It helps to be as detailed as possible. So if it was a compiler for instance, you could type "Red Target compiler" and it might produce more fruitful results. Just a suggestion.

:)
    Last edited by Second; January 28, 2005, 10:59. Reason: didn't space the url
    Answering easy questions since 1987
    Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by Second
      well here is results with the @ character included, at least I think, I've been wrong before.

But maybe you would find it easier if you told us what exactly the program does. It helps to be as detailed as possible. So if it was a compiler for instance, you could type "Red Target compiler" and it might produce more fruitful results. Just a suggestion.

If you didn't notice, the @ still doesn't actually get SEARCHED for. It is included in the query, but google filter's it out. Probably to disallow people to use google for gathering emails for spamming purposes.. at least that's what I'm guessing.
      - Programmer -

Comment

Originally posted by Second
        at least I think, I've been wrong before.
        Well my point is proven.

Comment

the program makes it to where when someone is tracing you the trace your ip to the cia, so instead of tracing you the think that they are tracing the cia and wont be able to get to yours, so i guess you could say it disguises you as the cia. i used to have a copy of it that i had got from a friend but when my drive crashed and i had to reformat i lost it and i havent been able to find it since and i cant get a hold of my friend cuae he moved, so any help would be apreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by dementeddemon
            the program makes it to where when someone is tracing you the trace your ip to the cia, so instead of tracing you the think that they are tracing the cia and wont be able to get to yours, so i guess you could say it disguises you as the cia. i used to have a copy of it that i had got from a friend but when my drive crashed and i had to reformat i lost it and i havent been able to find it since and i cant get a hold of my friend cuae he moved, so any help would be apreciated.
            There was a presentation about this (abusing traceroute request data) at the last DefCon. (Was it When the Tables Turn? I don't recall if this was it or not. They may have even provided software.

Though there is a coolness factor to having traceroute show false results to the person requesting, those skilled people who perform checks on source IP don't just rely upon rDNS and traceroute, but whois. whois information is more reliable than rDNS and traceroute, and when combined with the other two can help in understanding something about the possible attacker.

Generally speaking, security by obscurity is not very good security.

Links:
            ".doc" from blackhat:
            strikeback_bh_jpn_2004.doc
            ".pdf" from blackhat:
            bh-eu-04-sensepost-up.pdf

And now, time to be gone for a while. (See you later everyone. :-)
            Last edited by TheCotMan; January 31, 2005, 11:01.

Comment

does any one know how i could change my who is information? i tried googling it but it didnt return any useful results.

Comment

does any one know how i could change my who is information? i tried googling it but it didnt return any useful results.
                Google harder.

Hint, check with who ever you registered your domain with. Start there.

LosT

Comment

Google SMARTER.

Comment

http://www.icann.org/registrars/ra-a...nt-17may01.htm

Might be interesting for you. specifically 3.3.
                    - Programmer -

Comment

Google more gooder?

Comment

i have been searching google for the past week and have not found anything about red@target except that damn thing for a game or something and that isnt what i want, any other help would be greatly apriciated.

Comment

Well hey, if google fails, there's always the new and improved MSN engine

Comment

i have also tried msn and yahoo search engines they did me no good either.

Comment

Working...
                            X