Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Legacy Dies

http://deathrace2k.com/

I'm sorry to hear that the SoCal caravan is discontinued.....
    This was the way i got to my first con.
    And it is always on my list of suggestions for those looking for unique con experiences.....

i'm gonna miss it.

i know boog isnt endorsing any replacements, but i hope the organized caravan rises again in the future.....

any one else usually take the (a) caravan out to con?
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

DC8 was my first and I got there via the caravan. Same with 9. In fact I am driving this year (after flying 3 years) just because I wanted to be in the deathrace again. Sigh. Well if folks want to meet and caravan nothing is going to stop them, but it had to be tough to get people to listen, stay safe, and get there in one piece. It'd age me more than I want. Thanks for the hard work Boogah.

Comment

i'm sure a bunch of people will still be driving from so cal, and the sd and bay area caravans are their own entities, so i would assume that they will still go on...

i guess you will just see alot more "DC or bust" cars driving out there randomly on the road since they arn't all coming in at once now...

that'll be fun....
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I guess In'n'Out in Barstow will be wondering what happened to us.

Comment

any ideas on what prompted his self-dis-owenment from our happy little disfunctional family?
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
            any ideas on what prompted his self-dis-owenment from our happy little disfunctional family?
            Ohhh, asking for conjecture from the assembled company is bound to lead to a flamewar. I'd suggest contacting him directly if you want to know lest we all become subject to wild speculations and proctological extraction.
            That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
              Ohhh, asking for conjecture from the assembled company is bound to lead to a flamewar. I'd suggest contacting him directly if you want to know lest we all become subject to wild speculations and proctological extraction.
              so "no" ... ok.. gotcha guess I'll ask him myself
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Heh.. it seems a lot of things are bieng cancelled this year :|

Comment

I think this new trend started with the cancellation of Hacker Jeopardy. Maybe we're turning from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    I think this new trend started with the cancellation of Hacker Jeopardy. Maybe we're turning from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Or something like that.
                    Isn't Hacker Jeopardy going to be back this year?
                    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                      Isn't Hacker Jeopardy going to be back this year?
                      I wish. I wonder if Winn misses it too.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        I wish. I wonder if Winn misses it too.
                        Thursday afternnon in the bar, Winn told Renderman and me that he missed it. I got the impression that if asked, he'd put it back on in a heartbeat.
                        Thorn
                        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Hacker Jeopardy was my favorite non-talk event at the con. "Leetest Link" was a good attempt at a game but nowhere near as entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                          X