OS/2 & eComStation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS/2 & eComStation question

I still run a copy of OS/2 Warp 4 on one of my secondary machines, and still think that with some tweaks and copies of Odin and EverBlue that it rocks. I was aware that IBM had sold off OS/2 to a third party who was ship[ping it as eComStation, but recently a friend informed me that they were not merely shipping a rebranded version, but continuing to put out new updated releases and software? Does anyone know if they are any good? and if Odin and EverBlue are likely to run under them? also what kind of systems are they for? the website is rather un-informative and seems to be an 'if you are here, then you know why'?

Man I miss OS/2.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Man I miss OS/2.
      i ask it ??

Comment

ju8st a knew guy looking for beginner ¡¡ i want to make part of small projects
        also if u ve got smthing for me ........

Comment

Originally posted by >HYperlogiK<
          I still run a copy of OS/2 Warp 4 on one of my secondary machines, and still think that with some tweaks and copies of Odin and EverBlue that it rocks.
          Whoa... There's a blast from the past.

I was aware that IBM had sold off OS/2 to a third party who was ship[ping it as eComStation, but recently a friend informed me that they were not merely shipping a rebranded version, but continuing to put out new updated releases and software?
          Last I heard, eComStation was a somewhat stripped OS/2, not a full install per se. As for updates and so on, it appears as though they are making them available, but whether or not those updates are applicable to native Warp/4 is another question.

Does anyone know if they are any good? and if Odin and EverBlue are likely to run under them?
          Can't speak for Odin, but what would be the advantage to running Everblue when it looks like eComStation comes bundled with HobLink?

also what kind of systems are they for? the website is rather un-informative and seems to be an 'if you are here, then you know why'?
          I found answers to all of your questions there.

Comment

Working...
          X