Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in-n-out + dc13

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • in-n-out + dc13

    so, i remember (vaugely, mind you) talk of an in-n-out eating contest....
    maybe the trailer should be looked into for dc13, one problem i see is the lack of fries (which is a very large problem)

    maybe there should be an organized in-n-out con ?

  • #2
    I am down for making up for some vegan's not eating meat ;) course, who is fitting the bill for the like 50 dollar 100stack burger we all know and love.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

    Comment


    • #3
      AFAIK, the AP has an exclusivity clause on food and beverage sold on-site.
      the fresh princess of 1338

      What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by octalpus
        AFAIK, the AP has an exclusivity clause on food and beverage sold on-site.
        Meaning that if there is a In and Out eating contest it is going to have to be either at an in an out or brought to Defcon where the person eating the burger foots the bill.
        Did Everquest teach you that?

        Comment


        • #5
          Just have a "contest entry fee" for the price of the burger, this side-steps the AP's exclusive rights stuff
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hackajar
            Just have a "contest entry fee" for the price of the burger, this side-steps the AP's exclusive rights stuff
            They are discussing the possibility of an In-N-Out trailer on-site at the Alexis Park. Somone still has to pay for the food on-site at the Alexis Park Even if it the money was originally collected as a "contest entry fee".

            Actually, it could go either way:

            Originally posted by http://www.in-n-out.com/html/frm_b5a.html
            Money is not accepted at the Cookout Trailer. ... Final payment must be made at the completion of your event by check, Visa, Mastercard or American Express.

            Comment


            • #7
              If I remember correctly, the person who ate the 20 patty In-n-Out burger was Nick Farr, aka NFF. I think he's training for a 30 patty one next year, perhaps as a Hacker Foundation (http://www.hackerfoundation.org) fundraiser.

              Comment


              • #8
                Preserved for posterity.. NFF Eating 20 Patty Burger

                Comment


                • #9
                  Oh boy, I'd go apeshit crazy if there was an in-n-out trailer on site, Im from Los Angeles where there's In N Out's around every corner, but in utah there's not one to be found, so I usually try to hit up In n out a time or 2 each year when im at defcon, that and a fry's at some point. :)
                  .:. Adrenaline .:.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nulltone
                    If I remember correctly, the person who ate the 20 patty In-n-Out burger was Nick Farr, aka NFF. I think he's training for a 30 patty one next year, perhaps as a Hacker Foundation (http://www.hackerfoundation.org) fundraiser.
                    I seem to recall him saying during the closing ceremonies that he would eat one patty for each mile gained in the wireless contest. If thats right, its 55 patties.

                    May God have mercy on his colon.
                    The dude abides.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Every year at DC I always mean to make it to in and out but never do. This year for sure! Here in Atlanta we just got our 1st fatburger...

                      Al
                      "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by alklloyd
                        Every year at DC I always mean to make it to in and out but never do. This year for sure! Here in Atlanta we just got our 1st fatburger...

                        Al
                        I cried when we moved from California to the East Coast meaning no more In and Out and Jack in the Box (even though they killed a kid) but hey we have Steak and Shake here.
                        Did Everquest teach you that?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by alklloyd
                          Every year at DC I always mean to make it to in and out but never do. This year for sure!
                          I always go to In-n-Out Burger at least 3 or 4 times while I'm there... and also the little sushi place across from the Hard Rock that serves the best Una Don I've ever eaten... for ridiculously cheap!
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                          [ redacted ]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bascule
                            I always go to In-n-Out Burger at least 3 or 4 times while I'm there... and also the little sushi place across from the Hard Rock that serves the best Una Don I've ever eaten... for ridiculously cheap!
                            Are you talking about the place on the other side of the HR? That place was awesome..
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bascule
                              I always go to In-n-Out Burger at least 3 or 4 times while I'm there... and also the little sushi place across from the Hard Rock that serves the best Una Don I've ever eaten... for ridiculously cheap!
                              Huh? I completely missed that! I could have gone there instead of the chain pho place...

                              Al
                              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X