X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myspace.com

Heyza,
    just wanted to let everyone know there is a microcommunity on Myspace.com

I can be found under Jackalope and there's an account on there for DefCon, too.

Its just a frivilous place to hang out when you're bored on line, there's tons of music producers, and regular type folks on there, too. Its either a big networking hole or a big dating one, depending on what you select when you make an account.

Just giving out 411.

Jackalope
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Is this like another orkut?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Is this like another orkut?
      Yes, but without the hate mongering.

myspace.com is also different (as far as I know) in that it has a special area set aside for the sole purpose of letting bands and other groups connect to a social network.

Comment

indeed, myspace has been good on the band front. since im not in need of hosting a huge amount of media, the band page's on myspace are handy with the hooks for most of the things a band needs. pics, dates, media, and blogs... etc.

my only real gripe with this free service is that some people get huge kicks out of embedding html tags and media that cause huge pains when loading thier pages. especially when bands do it, i back right out. i keep ours lean and boring... good enough ;)

besides where else could i collect such a group of cool geeks and exhibitionist narcissists all in one venue? a haven for collectors of personnae.

best regards,
        gh
        If a chicken and a half, can lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half... how long would it take a monkey, with a wooden leg, to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

Comment

just Be Careful of any blog music plug-ins. I know myspace has lots of blogs that like to add this feature. Should not be a problem if you use non IE browsers. But no one here does use IE right? :)
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Wait....they have other browsers than IE?? I thought you HAD to use IE if you're on windows! pl33z3 h3!p

:)
            Answering easy questions since 1987
            Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
              Heyza,

Its just a frivilous place to hang out when you're bored on line..

Jackalope
              I thought that is what #dc-fourms was for! What more could one need?
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I personally require at least 3 *places to go when Im bored*.
                #dc-forums
                forums.defcon.org
                #violent-fems

etc....

Comment

Working...
                X