Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Built! (plus pictures)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arena Built! (plus pictures)

    I built the arena this weekend, it came out really cool :) Tons of pictures of the manufacturing process (I got to play with an 8kW laser).

    http://quickwired.com/kallahar/stori...botWarezArena/

    I'll get an autocad drawing up of the *exact* dimensions, so that there aren't any surprises come defcon.
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

  • #2
    Originally posted by kallahar
    I built the arena this weekend, it came out really cool :) Tons of pictures of the manufacturing process (I got to play with an 8kW laser).

    http://quickwired.com/kallahar/stori...botWarezArena/

    I'll get an autocad drawing up of the *exact* dimensions, so that there aren't any surprises come defcon.
    Wow, very impressive arena, can't wait to see it at the Con. Great job!
    Aut disce aut discede

    Comment


    • #3
      Sweet!

      It's nice when work lets you play with thier toys.

      Any notion of costs for the cutting?
      Never drink anything larger than your head!





      Comment


      • #4
        I hope the winner gets some awesome metal defcon parts. (hint hint) <g>

        Comment


        • #5
          You should seriously enter this picture:

          http://quickwired.com/kallahar/stori...2005Mar03f.jpg

          To the Defcon Photo Contest, you would win, no doubt. Its pretty damn awesome.
          Delicious Poison:

          The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree... good looking arena... and it's great that you have the kick ass little metal parts to give to all of your friends that have let you stay at thier house and gotten you drunk and stuff.. and the picture HAS to be entered in the photo contest
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

            Comment


            • #7
              Make some extra plates, they'll be nice bling when chromed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by astcell
                Make some extra plates, they'll be nice bling when chromed.

                Yes, a 20 inch sheet metal defcon skull hanging from your defcon lanyard is major bling.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tacitus
                  Yes, a 20 inch sheet metal defcon skull hanging from your defcon lanyard is major bling.
                  Thre can be the badges this year.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm also thinking about doing a run of defcon branded stuff to sell, some suggestions were:

                    - pendant, silver dollar sized
                    - throwing stars
                    - bookends

                    (all would have "defcon 13" cut into it)

                    any other thoughts?
                    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kallahar
                      I'm also thinking about doing a run of defcon branded stuff to sell, some suggestions were:

                      - pendant, silver dollar sized
                      - throwing stars
                      - bookends

                      (all would have "defcon 13" cut into it)

                      any other thoughts?
                      Do you perhaps have the CAD drawing or whatever you fed into the laser machine for the logos? We have a laser machine here, and I would love to make one of my own.
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kallahar
                        I'm also thinking about doing a run of defcon branded stuff to sell
                        Put me down for "yes".

                        BTW those DefCon plates would make great front licence plates for cars (hint hint)
                        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by che
                          Do you perhaps have the CAD drawing or whatever you fed into the laser machine for the logos? We have a laser machine here, and I would love to make one of my own.

                          I second that...any *.DXFs? *DWGs? Gerber?

                          LosT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            heh heh, maybe. maybe after defcon too ;)
                            --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kallahar
                              heh heh, maybe. maybe after defcon too ;)

                              But there isn't going to be a Defcon #D. :)

                              LosT

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X