DCMTV Interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCMTV Interest?

I have been boosting about the terabyte server now for last 2 weeks, and want to know if there is a solid interest in a DCMTV to get a grip of video's on there and off to the con. Anyone interested in requests, uploads, current list of crap-ola?

Can someone from DC contact me if we can do this?? (I have sent some emails to various different contacts)
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

While the offer did not go unnoticed, I don't think that anyone has said anything because we don't need it. DC801 has been doing this for a few years now, and we have never had a problem with disk space either before or durring the con. Tierra seems to have enough space on a webserver to handle the filler material uploads, and as we own all of the movies we play on the channel, we don't exactly need to transport them over the net anywere.

Tierra, Eco, Grifter, Kampf, any of yawl have anything more/different to say?

Comment

Adding a "MTV" to the close circut TV in AP. Just saying I got lot's o' space for uncompressed video to go all high quality on the vid's and what not :)

Comment

A is right, last year's DCMC work managed to pull us over the hump of finding the space and hardware to pull off the full 72 hours video at fairly high quality. It's definately less of a problem with most of the work already done and ready to go for this year as well as storage space being a lot cheaper now than it was last year. All that we really need at this point is to put together a new schedule, and switch out as much filler as we can with new filler as to not repeat clips played last year, which we already have a bigger head start on than we did last year. Net transfer would probably only slow us down on collection.

Comment

we here at dc702 understand that dc801 has got everyone's back with the DCTV, but we would like to walk in with a parallel DCMTV. Any thoughts from that front?

Comment

A DCMTV? A Channel of geek music videos? This idea seems *half* ok, and *half* something extra to keep people in their rooms instead of going out and enjoying the con. Perhaps if there was a projection screen in the vendor or contest area if someone wanted to do that, who knows..

/me shrugs.
            .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Working...
            X