The Wall of Sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wall of Sheep

Greetings, I'm hoping that if you are reading here you have not been up on the wall of sheep, but you have enjoyed our amusing displays.

We are well ahead of schedule on getting together hardware and tools to make this years display a lot more interesting. Now is the time for me to get some feedback from the audience about what you would like to see. Now is probably also the time for me to have some private conversations with some of the network folks to work out some of the details of the hardware we can and will bring.

Along with the fun displays of captured usernames and passwords, we are also working on a scrolling window of live IM conversations just so you can enjoy gems like last years "I'm really afraid to check my email, they are monitoring the network and getting people's usernames and passwords". (AIM username available for a minor fee (ie, we'll be there early Thursday, bring beer)).

I'm really excited about a new display, a second projector screen that I almost have together. I am testing technology that will display the exact position of every active WiFi device within range with a resolution of 1 meter. I think this display will be almost as much of a draw as the wall of sheep, as people move about the room and watch their icon move, and much more entertaining (for me) will be people whipping out their script kiddy toys to try and evade the evil trackers who are obviously reading their minds.

Let me know your thoughts and PM me if I need to talk to you.

chris
    ---
    Damnit: I really need to stop sobering up between defcons...
    If you can remember DefCon, you weren't really there...

We can have Ricky346874164 stop by to test it out.. something tells me he will be the first one again..
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
      We can have Ricky346874164 stop by to test it out.. something tells me he will be the first one again..
      And if they are not first, someone may register an account with a similar looking name to purposefully be "caught."

Then there will be people who register names of their "enemies" to generate chat traffic on the projector that makes their enemy look like an ass.

<enemyNickNameLook-a-like> "I am teh 1337 hax0r and alll yoooo phear me!!1!111! I'm too leet for wall of sheep! Double-XOR crypto technique with a hard to read font! The wall of sheep be my bitch! I will fuck the sheep!"

<madeUpName#2> I am going to meet the transgender hookers in Room #### bring lots of beer, eh?

Hahaha. Yep. That could become an attraction during the con. :-)

Comment

Look for my new O'Reilly's book...

Offensive Information Operations for fun and profit!
        Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

"Look for my new O'Reilly's book...

Offensive Information Operations for fun and profit!"

Looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Humorously enought we were contemplating a book proposal after this: "Lessons Learned Running the most Hostile Network on the Planet".

Probably just an article really...

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
            Look for my new O'Reilly's book...

Offensive Information Operations for fun and profit!
            Looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Humorously enought we were contemplating a book proposal after this: "Lessons Learned Running the most Hostile Network on the Planet".

Probably just an article really...

Comment

Working...
            X