X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Requested: DC 13 Dunk-Tank Signup

Greetings.

This year we thought we'd start early with securing volunteers to be dunked at the Dunk Tank.

All proceeds from the Dunk Tank go to the EFF.

We are looking for both big names/talents (DT, Grifter, Pat Norton, etc.) as well as conference attendees who think they can draw a crowd with the help of the Dunk Tank volunteers.

The purpose of this post is for SIGN-UP. If you are willing to be dunked, please post (or you may Private Message Rescue) the following information:

1) Your Name or Nick
    2) Your preferred day (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
    3) Your preferred time (Late AM, PM, or Evening)
    4) A PM to Rescue with your Email address to keep you informed of schedule changes and confirm the schedule prior to the con.

If you can assist in securing someone to be dunked, please do so and then post or PM the revalent information to Rescue.

If you would like to comment on what positive changes we could made to the venue, please post to that thread, not here.

On behalf of all the Dunk Tank volunteers and the EFF, thank you for your continued support.

Rescue

Screw it, put me on the list of interested parties to be dunked...

I'm sure there will be InfoSec News subscribers wanting to see me dunked, with a little joshing, I might be able to secure some of the other working press.
    Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Go ahead and throw my name down. I'm nobody special, but I would happily be dunked for the EFF.

Salem
      Saturday
      Late PM
      Last edited by Salem; April 7th, 2005, 09:33.
      Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

How about if we vote for who we want to see dunked? Just because someoene wants to be dunked does not mean they are good fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          How about if we vote for who we want to see dunked? Just because someoene wants to be dunked does not mean they are good fodder.
          Agreed.. while folks wanting to sign up to be dunked is a good thing, it needs to be someone that people knows. Why would I want to pay to dunk a random stranger when I could be dunking Octalpuss or Flea? Other good targets are feds, goons, and topless women.
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
            Agreed.. while folks wanting to sign up to be dunked is a good thing, it needs to be someone that people knows. Why would I want to pay to dunk a random stranger when I could be dunking Octalpuss or Flea? Other good targets are feds, goons, and topless women.
            Before you have a vote, you need a list: (the time consuming part)
            * Someone builds a list
            * People nominate people for a list (people can nominate themselves too.)

Then, vote (?)
            Multiple poll threads as stickies with multiple choice/vote for each (up to 10 per thread) (?)

overengineered?
            Starting places/ref: [example1],[heh-heh]
            Last edited by TheCotMan; April 8th, 2005, 11:18.

Comment

I agree with both Che and Astcell, dunking someone important would be alot better than some random person. But, I volunteered due to the lack of visual sign-ups. I even specified that I'm nobody special. At the same time, I also think that I would be able to draw a decent crowd.

Still, I did nothing more than offer to be dunked. Should there be a large enough turnout of bigger-named people, I would expect to not be needed. Thats also why we give our email addresses to the people organizing said event, if I'm not needed, they will tell me to buzz off.
              Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by che
                Why would I want to pay to dunk a random stranger when I could be dunking Octalpuss or Flea?
                I've already promised for this year. I said I would last year if Chris did, but couldn't work it out in the short time allotted for planning. So... now ya just gotta convince Flea... as long as he doesn't go before me... I've seen his idea of a "whirlpool".
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                  I've already promised for this year.

Oh a chance to get OP wet....er....nevermind ;)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                    So... now ya just gotta convince Flea...
                    Flea if your out there listening, you have to do it, you own me one!!!

/me reflects yelling and cursing at Leetest Link crowd on behalf of flea
                    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

I'll step up. I did it last year and had a blast watching hackers throw like girls. Figure, it'll give me a place to sit down for a bit with little chance of getting wet.

and the trash talking begins.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

In support of the EFF, if ya need to fill a spot, Im down for it, I'll have to get you a list of 'safe times' if so. Just no ICE this year :D

-D-Ren
                        .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline
                          In support of the EFF, if ya need to fill a spot, Im down for it, I'll have to get you a list of 'safe times' if so. Just no ICE this year :D

-D-Ren
                          How about dry ice? That ought to be educational.

Comment

sounds like good times, maybe dump some acid in there, maybe a certain species of meat eating fish, sounds like a good time for all :)
                            .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Who wants to dunk a Jackalope?

Ok...
                              like it says,
                              who wants to dunk a Jackalope again this year?
                              ======================================
                              DJ Jackalope
                              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                              ======================================

Comment

Working...
                              X