X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do u think about the senao card?

what do u think about the senao card model: Senao SL-2511CD PLUS EXT2
    Senao card

i'm thinking of buying it for wardriving and rfmon use.

Originally posted by L34ndr4
    what do u think about the senao card model: Senao SL-2511CD PLUS EXT2
    Senao card

i'm thinking of buying it for wardriving and rfmon use.
    Probably the single best card out there for WD.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Senao Card - Pros and Cons

I've got a senao card and I like it a lot; however the card is not for everyone.

Pros:
      It's based on the prism2.5 chipset which is well supported by the hostap drivers in linux. Hostap is Probably the most feature rich wireless driver out there.

Dual MMCX Antenna Jacks.

High Recieve Sensitivity.

High power output. 200mW..........actually 249mW with the right driver.
      (Note that the transmit power means ZILCH if you are in monitor mode because you are not transmitting.)

Cons:
      MMCX connectors are fragile............ you'll need to be careful with them.

You MUST use an external antenna, this isn't ideal for use if you only require short range communications. Sure you can strap the antenna to your laptop; however it's burdensome.

Whatever you do do not purchase the NL-2511CD+EXT2-M model.
      The -M signifies that the card is a prism3 card and uses a different chipset that is inferior to the original.
      This card looks exactly like the classic 2511CD+EXT2 model.

Other options in the same arena are the SMC Eliteconnect cards (200mW SMC2532W-B Model Only....... the regular SMC cards are crap) or the Demarctec Cards (models up to 300mW).

They both have a similar "snap on" antenna that you can remove to reveal 2 MMCX connectors and are also prism2.5 based.

The SMC card has almost as high recieve sensitivty as the senao card does.
      The Demarctec card is said to have BETTER recieve sensitivity than the senao; however the card is much pricier than the senao.

http://www.demarctech.com/products/r...mcia-card.html

Be warned that both the SMC and Demarctec cards use RP-MMCX antenna connectors which are slightly harder to find than MMCX connectors.

You can see the specs on all of those cards here.
      Pay attention to the recieve sensitivity.

http://www.freenetworks.org/moin/ind...iveSensitivity

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
        ...You MUST use an external antenna...
        hrm... not necessarily true .. I've used my classic EXT2 without antennae around the house forever .. gets better signal than any of my hermes cards with a builtin
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

do someone know a good place to buy the senao card, because its a little dificult to find, besides radiolabs.com because i had a bad experience with that place ?

Comment

Unlimited Supply of Cards Here
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
            X