Wires in your brain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCotMan
    Thanks. :-) Feel free to call me "Cot" since it is fewer keystrokes.
    Yes, because we all know that TheCotMan is very concerned with reducing the amount of text on this board.

MS-DOS vs WIndows XP (Command line vs GUI)
    The command line gives experienced users great power.
    The GUI gives mediocre users marginal competence.
    True, but seeing as we are discussing the speed of an interface, one purpose of a GUI is to reduce the amount of time required to perform common tasks. The end result is sometimes that the work required of the computer is much greater than the work required of the user. I think it is safe to assume that bascule's computer wouldn't have such frustrations (seeing as how bascule designed it ).

"I't looks like you are taking out the garbage. Would you like help with the steps necessary?"
    Clicks yes.

"Placing garbage in your neighbor's bin is an easy, but generally effective, method of preventing the government from looking through your waste in states that allow it."

"It looks like you are trying to breathe. Are you sure you want to do that?" (The "[OK]" is greyed out due to a bug. :-o )
    Gives a new meaning to the "Cancel" button.

(This is a pet peeve of mine, by the way, and even Apple gets it wrong on occasion. Are "Yes"/"No" answers really so hard to implement?)

"It looks like you are trying to kill that driver on the road in a bit of road rage. Would you like help to do this without getting caught?"
    It sounds like you chose the "demon" assistant. My "hippy" assistant asks: "It looks like you are trying to kill that driver on the road in a bit of road rage. Have you considered alternative forms of transportation?"

"It looks like you are posting on usenet, would you like help with flaming and trolling?"
    Nope, I've got it covered. Thanks, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
      [Much clever and witty content removed]
      Gives a new meaning to the "Cancel" button.

(This is a pet peeve of mine, by the way, and even Apple gets it wrong on occasion. Are "Yes"/"No" answers really so hard to implement?)
      Yep. Right up there with the Old MacOS: "drag floppy disk to trash to eject" and MS Windows "Click on 'Start' to shutdown."

[Much clever and witty content removed]
      It sounds like you chose the "demon" assistant. My "hippy" assistant asks....
      Ah! Are you saying this Interface was designed by Bacule? If so, what would this Mr. "Hippy" [assistant] be shaped like? [It certainly wouldn't be a paperclip... and what would happen at 4:20 when you need help?]
      (I laughed out loud while reading your post. Excellent stuff.)
      Last edited by TheCotMan; April 30, 2005, 17:16. Reason: added content in []

Comment

If I ever meet the idiot who wrote "Unsharp Mask...."

Comment

If so, what would this Mr. "Hippy" [assistant] be shaped like? [It certainly wouldn't be a paperclip...
          Roach clip, duh
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
          45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
          [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
          X