• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon on google maps?

Everyone knows about google maps already

Take a look at this image of the AP:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+ve...7703&t=k&hl=en

Does that not look like the big ass roof tent from Defcons past?

I think they snapped that pic in the setup days before con. There is'nt nearly enough cars in the lot to be during con.

Anyone know what day the roof tent was setup on for DC8,9 and (I think) 10?
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Not enough cars in the parking lot isnt the giveaway that its not the con, the fact that the pools are empty should be the biggest hint.

Nice link though
    Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Thats the roof tent, allright. Now, that tent remained as a semi-perm structure till they had to take it down, so that pic could have been snapped anytime, not just around defcon. What would be cool though is if they did snap a photo from Defcon to see what the AP looked like while we were there.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
        Thats the roof tent, allright. Now, that tent remained as a semi-perm structure till they had to take it down, so that pic could have been snapped anytime, not just around defcon.
        I thought it was setup just for con. My mistake.

What would be cool though is if they did snap a photo from Defcon to see what the AP looked like while we were there.

You mean there are'nt already satellites taking pictures during con?
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

They're most certainly are! Any less would be an insult. Now, whether those pictures are top secret or not is the question.

Comment

You can date the photograph by looking at the lack of the German Beer restuarant in the front parking lot of the AmeriSuites.

I can get better pics of the Alexis Park when I stuff more RAM in the box with the Keyhole software, but that will be a few weeks from now.
            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
              You can date the photograph by looking at the lack of the German Beer restuarant in the front parking lot of the AmeriSuites.
              I'm guessing that the pictures are from around 2003.
              #1. There is no Wynn Las Vegas pictured.
              #2 The Desert Inn buildings that were taken down last fall are in the picture.
              #3. Wet 'n Wild is still there.
              #4. There are only two Turnberry Towers (this means the pic is quite old as I think the fourth tower is in construction now.)
              #5. THEHotel at Mandalay Bay is not pictured.
              #6. The newest car I can spot is a 2003 Saturn.
              --bc,

Comment

Ok heres my analysis.

Mandalay is on there, but there is construction in front of Ceasars Palace.
                The Colosseum isnt there, it opened March 2003

Also monorail construction is no where on the pictures.
                They were doing that construction durring DC10.

Also this page
                http://www.vegas4visitors.com/accom/frames/wynnfrm.htm
                they say the Desert Inn was imploded sometime towards the end of 2001
                beginning of 2002, and a June 2003 photo shows 10 floors of the Wynn already built.

So now we deffinately know.. Early to Mid 2002 that photo was taken.
                Last edited by [Syntax]; April 22, 2005, 22:30.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]
                  So now we deffinately know.. Early to Mid 2002 that photo was taken.
                  Can we narrow it down to a cerain day of the week? Maybe be airport business, parking lot at Fry's...if you can spot a traffic accident in town or a gathering of fire trucks at a certain address that can help. Can you find Siviak's residence?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Can we narrow it down to a cerain day of the week? Maybe be airport business, parking lot at Fry's...if you can spot a traffic accident in town or a gathering of fire trucks at a certain address that can help. Can you find Siviak's residence?
                    Well using this sundial drawing and The stratosphere in the map, I would say it's about 10:30am-11:30am, maybe someone with some photoshop foo could do a layover of a sundial on the stratosphere or someother building and then break out an aztec calender for the date!
                    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                      I would say it's about 10:30am-11:30am, maybe someone with some photoshop foo could do a layover of a sundial on the stratosphere or someother building and then break out an aztec calender for the date!
                      I knew there was a reason we haven't had you killed yet!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        I knew there was a reason we haven't had you killed yet!
                        He proves that if forum members are anything, its thorough. Very thorough.
                        Last edited by Xodia; April 23, 2005, 16:36. Reason: But they aren't good spellers.
                        The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by [Syntax]

Also this page
                          http://www.vegas4visitors.com/accom/frames/wynnfrm.htm
                          they say the Desert Inn was imploded sometime towards the end of 2001
                          beginning of 2002, and a June 2003 photo shows 10 floors of the Wynn already built.
                          Good point, I was thinking about the last of the Desart Inn buildings to come down, which happened last November. But ALL of the buildings are in the picture, indicating an earlier date. But, how do you explain the 2003 Saturn in the photo?
                          --bc,

Comment

points of interest ->
                            Future Home of Wynn Las Vegas Fully Cleared with grass around "Wynn Collection" Marquee June 2002

Fry's Electronics Opened December 2002
                            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by big chopper
                              Good point, I was thinking about the last of the Desart Inn buildings to come down, which happened last November. But ALL of the buildings are in the picture, indicating an earlier date. But, how do you explain the 2003 Saturn in the photo?
                              --bc,
                              Model years for cars are relased as early as 6 months before the year is over. (Some car companies were selling 2003 cars as early as middle of 2002.)

Just need to find out when Saturn was first selling 2003 saturns.
                              Review of 2003 saturn in Feb of 2002

[Added content below here:]
                              Oh yes, and the web server reports the following information on the image that is served that includes part of the AP:
                              Code:
                              HTTP/1.1 200 OK
                              Content-Type: image/jpeg
                              Last-Modified: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 04:58:08 GMT
                              Server: Keyhole Server 2.4
                              Content-Length: 17279
                              Filesystem dates and dates of files as reported by web servers are unreliable, but this helps to point out that the images are likely from before Dec 2004. (Not that interesting in light of other information provided above.)
                              Last edited by TheCotMan; April 23, 2005, 19:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X