Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nextel Blackberry 7520 vulnerable to Bluetooth attacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextel Blackberry 7520 vulnerable to Bluetooth attacks?

So I bought a Nextel Blackberry 7520 with Bluetooth and I was curious if anyone has gotten it to give up its secrets yet?

I really want the Jabra BT800 but won't get it if it discloses my Blackberry's information to unauthorized third parties.

Thanks in advance!
    Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Originally posted by erehwon
    So I bought a Nextel Blackberry 7520 with Bluetooth and I was curious if anyone has gotten it to give up its secrets yet?

I really want the Jabra BT800 but won't get it if it discloses my Blackberry's information to unauthorized third parties.

Thanks in advance!
    http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/586056-1.html

Several posts in this thread may interest you.

Al,
    Who refuses to use BT at all...
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
      http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/586056-1.html

Several posts in this thread may interest you.

Al,
      Who refuses to use BT at all...
      Thanks alklloyd, for the benefit of those too lazy to look, this answer seems to fill in most of the blanks....

Posted by: Jack T. Chance

I do leave mine on a good 99% of the time, because I have a Blackberry 7520, on which the Bluetooth was intentionally "neutered" to support the headset and hands-free profiles ONLY, in order to make the Blackberry more secure against hacking. Even with that precaution, though, I leave discoverable mode OFF and my BB's firewall ON. And when I'm in a theater watching a flick, I turn the BT OFF altogether, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
        Thanks alklloyd, for the benefit of those too lazy to look, this answer seems to fill in most of the blanks....

Posted by: Jack T. Chance

I do leave mine on a good 99% of the time, because I have a Blackberry 7520, on which the Bluetooth was intentionally "neutered" to support the headset and hands-free profiles ONLY, in order to make the Blackberry more secure against hacking. Even with that precaution, though, I leave discoverable mode OFF and my BB's firewall ON. And when I'm in a theater watching a flick, I turn the BT OFF altogether, just in case.
        I thought you'd like that part, can any of the BT hackers confirm this? Would be a nice question...

Al
        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
          I thought you'd like that part, can any of the BT hackers confirm this? Would be a nice question...

Al
          Already one step ahead of you, I dropped a note off to Major Malfunction and he replied...

Blackberrys don't support OBEX so, by definition, they are not vulnerable to snarfing.

Comment

Working...
          X