question about Alexis Park layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Alexis Park layout

anyone who remebers the rooms at the AP (or who lives in las vegas and feels like making a quick spin past the hotel) would probably be able to answer a quesion that i have. i can clearly recall that certain rooms on the ends of rows at the AP had windows facing out to the pool areas. what i don't recall, though, is what rooms had such windows (was it every single room that faced pools, or just the kickass mega-suites that have this nice feature)

would the rooms i've highlighed have windows facing the pool? or just the large suites which are out of my price range? i have a project that i've developed which will (hopefully) be deployed using a window that faces gathering areas (no, it's not a multiple camera recording setup to document pool2girl should she return for another liquor-lubed penetration fest) and would like to know if these sort of end rooms have the type of window that i need.
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    I... would like to know if these sort of end rooms have the type of window that i need.
    If you are paying the AP/AV money to stay there, make their front desk work for a living, and have them send someone out to tell you which rooms have the best view of pool 2. (Probably a 2nd floor.)

Next, if you ask one of the DC702 members to do you a favor, perhaps you should offer them the de facto currency of DefCon? (good beer, redbull and vodka, etc.)
    [Maybe the first to offer you a correct answer with pictures.]
    Last edited by TheCotMan; May 14, 2005, 14:40. Reason: added content in []

Comment

rooms highlighted have view of pool 2

I know this because 1801 & 1809 were dc702 rooms last year. Two years ago we had 2451 which was on the second floor by pool 3. By far that was the best view (tehe) out of all the rooms. If your going for a "standard" try and get one at the end and on second floor. This will be your best bet.

Below rooms also have killer views

1901/1951
      2009/2059
      2101/2151

[edit]

That's 4 beers or 2 mixed drinks (bonus points for home brew)
      "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

I had 1908 last year There is no view because the bushes were higher than the windows. The 2nd floor levels have an advantage there.

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
          That's 4 beers or 2 mixed drinks (bonus points for home brew)
          not a problem at all, thanks for the terrific reconnaissance. while i don't have access to my own fermentation equipment, care to mention any brew specifically so i keep an eye out for it at the store when i arrive in vegas?
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Let me guess... You want a birds eye view of "Pool2Girl" should she make a encore performance.

Isn't the AP/V already sold out? That would imply that the pool 2 view rooms are also sold out.
            That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

not a problem at all, thanks for the terrific reconnaissance. while i don't have access to my own fermentation equipment, care to mention any brew specifically so i keep an eye out for it at the store when i arrive in vegas?

Just get Hackajar some Apple Juice.

Comment

(no, it's not a multiple camera recording setup to document pool2girl should she return for another liquor-lubed penetration fest)
                Originally posted by ndex
                Let me guess... You want a birds eye view of "Pool2Girl" should she make a encore performance.
                I'm just saying.

Originally posted by ndex
                Isn't the AP/V already sold out? That would imply that the pool 2 view rooms are also sold out.
                I didn't think you were registering for a specific room, though. As I understand it, rooms are handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis, and those that want a specific room simply ask for it when registering.

Comment

while it may have sold out, i've had a room reserved for months. i just wanted to know what rooms i might ask for when i check in.
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

while it may have sold out, i've had a room reserved for months. i just wanted to know what rooms i might ask for when i check in.
                    I asked for the room number I wanted when I made my reservation. If you try to book Defcon and get there before me, it will show my room as already booked and you won't get it.

That's why we reserve early.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                      Just get Hackajar some Apple Juice.
                      "Apple Juice" Was sooo yummy last year. Specially the stuff you hand deliverd to me during talk! Although the crowd was totally oblivious WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                        "Apple Juice" Was sooo yummy last year. Specially the stuff you hand deliverd to me during talk! Although the crowd was totally oblivious WTF?

That's because half of the crowd was asleep buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                          That's because half of the crowd was asleep buddy.
                          Funny guy. Got a funny guy over here!!!!

Your probalbly right, credit cards are boring topic to talk about.

Comment

Working...
                          X